Ha ha ha “Lock her up”

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DDuvan1, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,122
    Then y'all best be paying total homage to me, courtesy Sci and RobDog of course.:emoji_joy:

2. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,394
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I also like the Hahahahaha reply! Usually means they got nuthin! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,327
    Hahahhaaah

4. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,327
    Nah but her dad would hit it..

5. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,877
    Boat:
    It floats
    on another note.....so far 500 identified criminals in the caravan

6. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,441
    Name:
    Larry M
    That's what I saw on CBS news a little while ago.

7. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,877
    Boat:
    It floats
    and a lot of interviews with members of the caravan "seeking asylum" when they admit that they are just looking for jobs. All they have to do is say asylum when they do not qualify then they are processed and let loose in our country with a "promise to appear date".... DDuvan1 THATS what you call a joke

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Name:
    Kenny
    I think most will have problems with asylum entry. Last time this happened and ol Jeff Sessions added a bunch of judges for processing, I remember hearing that like 90% were denied.

9. Bobber

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,639
    On a side note - have you seen the wall? A friend of mine went down there and said she could squeeze through. How many million is a wall you can squeeze through going cost us? This is not good.

10. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,834
    I heard only around 6% of those that claim asylum show up for there hearings. The rest just disappear into the US. Sure most are just looking for a better life but some are criminals. We should have a preliminary screening policy before even giving them a hearing and releasing them. There are people that are targets of there governments that need asylum. Wanting a higher paying job does NOT qualify you for asylum. Also they were given the option to apply for aasylum in Mexico. Why didn't they take that if they were truly targets? Both sides are some what responsible. One side likes cheap labor. The other wants the votes. There is a simple solution. Punish those that hire illegals. I mean really punish them. To the point it will cost you your business. The current system is not enough to deter this behavior as it creates a huge advantage for using illegal labor and prevents those doing it legally from competing it there industries. Make illegal labor toxic. Second make it so those that file false asylum claims or those here illegally can never vote. Even if given a path to citizenship. Only those that have true claims and those that waited there turn should be allowed to vote. Voter ID laws will solve this and solve the problem of those voing for the dead or those that haven't voted in years on the register. Dems won't get the votes and Republican will have to deal with pissed of doners. Both sides will be pissed and that is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. FISHERKING

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +92
    I f
    how many criminals in the US? what are there crimes?
    I have faith in our agents at the border are more than capable of looking into that before they are allowed in the country. If not, then 45 can send more military to help.

12. FISHERKING

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +92

I went down to Rosarito over the weekend and saw a lot of new wall, looked like it was built on the Mexico side, it had big spaces between the bars, maybe there will add to it after to secure the spaces. They were also putting a mini wall (same design as the big wall) by the foot bridge, looked solid but well find out, that was also n the Mexico side.

13. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,834
    How would they know? A convicted criminal from a Central American country that shares criminal data with the US okay they will probably weed them out. How would they know if the criminal has never been convicted or they are from a country that doesn't share that info?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. DDuvan1

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +557
    Oh brother.......yes most people coming to America come for a better life. That includes a job. Great reporting done here. My wife's parents were "let loose" in this country. They just became school teachers for over 30 years and helped countless American children.

I guess nobody talks about those kind of stories.

There are just as many criminals on this side of the border. We are a country built by immigrants. Don't be scared.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,171
    Given that they went into a great and undervalued profession, their means of arriving here in the US would seem to have been the non-legal route.... No one gets to pick and choose the laws they want to follow. We have a *legal* means of entering into residence in this country. Not following those means? Well... illegal. Wanting a better job/life does not mean you can flaunt the laws of the country you would like to enter. Kinda puts you on a bad start when it comes to becoming part of our melting pot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. DDuvan1

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +557
    They came in legally.

17. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,171
    The way you worded it made it seem ambiguous as to the legality of their entry. Glad to hear they did it the right way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,441
    Name:
    Larry M
    You and others don't seem to see the difference between legal and illegal people arriving in the USA.
    My grandparents came here in the 1800's legally. You do see stories on the news about people coming here legally and are successful, so that part of your post is weak.
    So your post that we have criminals here, I take it that to mean what's a few hundred more.
    Did your wife's parents come here illegally and were "let loose" to report back later?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Fishnagent

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +331
    Boat:
    fish cat
    Simple question, Do they want to do it right because they want to become US citizens? Celebrate the 4th of July and wave the US flag? Or are they waving the flag of the country they are fleeing and burning the US flag? In my opinion we are not a large enough country to just let them in, if we started to this current migration would seem like a trickle compared to the flood. There are certainly some who want that and consider them all votes, do you question where it stops?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. ScubaLee03

ScubaLee03 Real Estate Broker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,340
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status: