1. Spotted bay bass SDFISH shirts available to order

We're doing another run of the popular Spotted Bay Bass SDFISH shirts, with a couple of additional colors this time. Available on short sleeves, long sleeves, or UPF 50+ rated fishing shirts.

Order Now

Dismiss Notice

For Sale Hobie Mirage Drive

Discussion in 'Kayaks & float tubes for sale/wanted/trade' started by swimbait mike, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimbait mike

swimbait mike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148
    2016 Hobie Mirage GT Dirve with Turbo fins (Drive unit only) in perfect condition $400.00.

2. Fomen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,242
    Are you upgrading to the 2017 Mirage Drive 180? Just curious. I've been contemplating doing that myself.

3. swimbait mike

Ratings:
    +148
    Yes, I had a 2016 outback and was going to up grade the drive but ended up selling the whole kayak and getting the Pro Angler 14. Having the reverse makes life a lot easier especially in freshwater. Pro angler vs outback is a wash to me as the outback is way lighter (40+ lbs) and more nimble. But the Pro Angler is nice to stand in and fish and more stable. The outback is a kayak and the pro angler is a boat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. Fomen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,242
    Agree. I have a PA 12. It's HEAVY! But it's ridiculously stable. I've never even come close to flipping it. It takes a lot of effort to load and unload it from my truck. But once on the water, I'm glad I'm on it.

I'm really interested in the Mirage Drive 180. It can be grueling dealing with fishing structure in the bay with tides and wind pushing you into it. I can definitely see the advantage of reverse on demand.

5. swimbait mike

Ratings:
    +148
    It's worth it. Make sure you get the 180 drive with ST fins as they come standard and ST with the ST being less than $20.00 more.

6. Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198
    Also, as I discovered last weekend - the new 180 drive is fast! I peddled next to an identical PA14, but he had upgraded to the new 180 and I could not keep up! Simply amazed me that for a drive that has much shorter fins that it could be so fast...

7. swimbait mike

Ratings:
    +148
    My friend has the PA14 with 180 drive and I noticed that he would pull away from me also when I had the outback.

8. Fomen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,242
    Interesting. This could be huge for launching and landing in the surf.

9. TightLines

TightLines Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Name:
    GinoQuizon
    BEST THING EVER. I recently just got the 2017 outback camo edition, man I love the 180 ST turbo fins