1. Last day to order Spotted Bay Bass Shirts

Today is the last day to order the new Spotted Bay Bass SDFISH shirts. Available on short sleeves, long sleeves, or UPF 50+ rated fishing shirts.

Order Now

Dismiss Notice

Hobie OB

Discussion in 'Kayak fishing' started by Fourtogo, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Fourtogo

Fourtogo Active Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Broke my Outback in right , 6 1/2yrs on the water with one pit stop . Wife was going call harbor patrol finish fishing at 2am . SEAT Is the one issue and it's rear legs and the front mount locking system or lack there of. How do you make this seat and it's rear legs lock in position. Lean forward legs retract . Then you have to sit on the edge of the seat pull down cord to RESET legs .
    I got too meet some other guys last night , some kayaker tubers . Fog push us all off the water , I got fish many areas I have not fished since I was a kid . Seeing that LBC hates shore fishermen being on water is the only choice .
    IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

#1 Fourtogo, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,446
    That's a long time to be on the water!! I usually let my wife know my plans so that if things go wrong she'll know something is wrong if I don't return by the usual time.
    Those tires on the go-cart could be good for a kayak cart!

3. monstahfish

monstahfish Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Boat:
    Hobie
    There's a fairly easy way to reverse the spring and change the line to pull the kickstand in. I did it on my outback and love the change. The reason they default to the down position is so if someone gets in a less stable boat like a revo 11 or is a new kayaker, they don't unwittingly end up in the high position which raises the center of gravity increasing the likelihood of flipping. In my opinion, they should ship with the kickstand out for outbacks but it would get confusing for the dealers and factory to make sure the seats didn't get mixed up.

4. Fourtogo

Fourtogo Active Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Used treads/slicks that have serve the racing uses . Are things that are almost giving away . You could do a set very cheap , they are tubeless and rims are Aluminum. Burris is brand I use for tires . Just check for sizes , a wide front tire combo would do it . For the seat kick legs , found a video for simple mod . The spring that retracts the legs , just needs to be used in reverse tension . And pull string I add a bit of nylon cord . There's already a hole in the leg to make the pull cord run through