Hodges Skunk 2/10/16

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by Nashinator, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Nashinator

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +277
    Made a quick visit to fish Hodges for the first time today. I was on the water from 11-2 fishing the shoreline from the cliffs up to the narrows. Mostly fished a finesse worm on the spinning rod but also hit the rocky banks with a KVD square bill, more or less for the thrill of bombing some long casts. Enjoyed talking to the staff at the concession - seem like some good dudes over there. Not much to report for now but I look forward to making it back in a 3-4 weeks when I hear the fishing heats up a bit.

2. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +785
    Yeah Nashinator, I got the skunk last sunday afternoon myself..... Oh yeah the lake manager Conway and the people working there are a really good staff. Good luck to you next time.......

3. chris102681

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +893
    Very friendly staff. The shad spawn will happen next month and it will come alive . The amount of fish and birds you'll see is like no other lake in the area.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58
    Me and the striped kitty fished 7 AM to 4 PM, never saw another boat get a fish, saw some bait chasers way back in the shallows, 65 degree water. Del Dios arm was 56 to 57 degrees in contrast, meters lots of fish in 15 to 30 foot. Sure makes you appreciate Barrett!

5. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,941
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    Hodges.....:( enoguh said. We might hit the spawn there this year. Might is a huge word.

6. tmbtc12

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +159
    Boat:
    2012 Triton 19xs
    Haven't had a chance to fish since early December, but I was able to fish Hodges with a friend for a few hours yesterday. It was pretty slow, but we were able to catch one each. I think we were starting to put it together because both fish came in similar spots during our last hour on the water. It was good to get back on the water, and we left with a pattern to test out next time.