Hodges....you can't even park on the boat launch

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by bassgalrascal, Jun 14, 2021.

1. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,690
    In years past, when the boat launch at Hodges was closed due to low water levels, people were allowed to park their cars at the launch. This was great for anybody who wanted to fish this part of the lake, and around the bend towards the narrows. But now, there isn't any parking allowed on the ramp. I was planning on float tubing from there, yesterday. I asked about it at the concession counter, and they told me that I had to drive my stuff down there, then drive back to the parking lot and walk back. Fat chance that I was going to walk to the launch ramp while wearing my waders and carrying my gear. And I wasn't about to leave any of it down at the ramp, unattended. I inquired as to why there was no parking allowed, and the answer I got was that "the environmentalists don't want any parked vehicles to drip oil on the ramp". One small restriction or regulation at a time, until over time, there is no boating or fishing allowed. It never ends.:emoji_rolling_eyes:

#1 bassgalrascal, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  2. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,985
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    At Sutherland trucks line up right at the water's edge and unload... and then park there! Same City System, different people! Diane started the laid back attitude and it has continued.
    When I first started fishing there I would unload my stuff and then go park some 30 yards away. Diane walked out to me one morning and said "you can leave your car here". I miss her!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  3. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,690
    Yes, I should have gone up to Sutherland, but Hodges is just a few miles from my place, so I was thinking about the convenience....but they won't get anymore of my patronage. It will be Sutherland and Cuyamaca from now on.

4. fishnfreak

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,738
    The birds watchers drive cars, there rules will come home to roost.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,397
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    Because we all know that when you launch your boat, your truck never leaks oil...only happens when you park...lol ! At least I'm sure no one has an outboard that leaks oil or gas! This will only get worse..your city council will bend over backwards to please the tree huggin, Peta lovin, global warming fearing wackos! They've already taken away a day at each lake, they would love to take the rest away!