HOLIDAY DEALS FOR FLOAT TUBES

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by cavedog619, Nov 27, 2019.

?

What do you guys think of the Caddis Sports Premier Plus?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2019.
  1. Yes

11.1%
  2. No

22.2%
  3. Bacon

66.7%
  1. cavedog619

cavedog619 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +967
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback
    It’s all good Coach. I never considered a SUP. I could throw one of those in my truck and be on the water in 20 minutes. About the same if I kept a float tube inflated. Creek, thanks for your input sir. I’ve got lots of research to do. So far, I’m considering the 7 Bass One as an entry level FT but will keep your preferences in mind.

2. PwerHaus

PwerHaus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98
    Some damn good prices right there. Grab the inspire. The outer material is robust and with the fat foam seating, youre off the water more. Im about 200lbs and it keeps my balls out of the water. Ive had bladders have a slow leak over time and have always gotten a free replacement whenever I asked. I do abuse the **** out of my tubes and take it in sketchy areas though. Mileage may vary. With the limited space with FT fishing, just carry the essentials and you'll be good.

3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,908
    I feel bad if I was involved in something you felt was amiss. For my part, I'm just offering you personal findings over the financially painful lessons that I learned. So whatever you decide to do, good luck. Enjoy your holiday (is holiday a banned word - or even politically correct to say anymore?).:emoji_champagne_glass:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Urklehaze

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +803
    Havent been in a tube in years. I only had the donut kind before. How well do the paddles work on the inspire? Does it work with fins as well?

5. cavedog619

cavedog619 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +967
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback
    No worries. I’ve been known to be politically incorrect. And guess what? I don’t care if it offends anyone. :emoji_astonished: :emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry CHRISTmas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,265
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Is your tail bone still giving you problems?

7. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,423
    An opinion from the cheap seats.

I have a Caddis Nevada Gold (NG), and the product is well made. Under a c-note, and no crying ever, not even once.

According to a video review by a guy who has a NG and a Sports Premier Plus the seat on the SPP is a bigger chunk of foam so the whole dealio rides a little higher and doesn't deflate and pack up as small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLMsSpD4x4o

I have room to store my tube inflated and transport it in a pickup, so it's a grab-and-go proposition. "Tech" is limited to a 3-rod holder bungeed to the side and some clip-on shoulder straps for longer portages. A big mesh laundry bag with a shoulder strap holds fins and PFD for those longer walks.

For easy launches (Tidelands or Glorietta or Mission Point), yeah, hoist the tube on your head and steady it with one hand, carry fins and rod(s) in the other.

If it wasn't for fins, PFDs, waders (or not), and a rod holder, float tubing would be dead simple and cheap. The biggest sorting-out and spending involves the wader/boot/bootie/fin interface. Summertime in the bays? Trunks and boogie fins. Most FW venues require waders.

Caddis quality is good. The SPP has an actual bow, not just a u-shape, seems like it would be easier to make headway. I don't need another tube...but H ell, I might just buy one anyway at that price.

If you're gonna hang a fishfinder and a more complex rodholder system, or want your butt up out of the water, that's where the pricier tubes excel.

I used my tube to chase spotties mostly...but sometimes a blind pig finds an acorn....And I got this fish in a spot with no shore access.

190420 halibut laying across tube on dock.jpg

#27 carpkiller, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  8. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,908
    Compared to what is was prior to me getting that silicone pad, not really. If the pain was a 10 before, its a 2 now.

9. self fish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +61
    Any floattube from caddis is gonna be junk after one year. This I promise you. Don't waste your cash on caddis .poorest quality and the bladders are unsafe..

10. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,423
    I guess I got the last two good ones that caddis made when I got them 15 years ago..both still working..

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,265
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Stenosis! Have that... or I should say had that. Pain went away.

12. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,265
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Self-inflicted... yep, done a few of those! Too soon old, too late smart!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +47,395
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    My grandpa had a phrase.. "the problem with life, you get old qvick und shmart late"...