"How to" part two

Discussion in 'Lobster Fishing' started by Paul the Great, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Lawman

Lawman Attorney at Law
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +415
    Boat:
    CC
    To Paul the Great: For the record I concur with your title. If you shoot any nice big game, I'd appreciate some of it for my very fancy smoker. Just over the Holidays I did up Beef ribs, Tri-Tip, Brisket and BBQ chicken with Smoking Blue Fin Tuna. "Beef, its whats for dinner". Please feel free to kill and eat animals such as Deer. The USA has more annoying Deer now than when the Pilgrims landed. Cows are raised for meat. We don't hunt them. Ordering Lobster at a restaurant is a form of meat hunting. However, some other dude got cold and dirty doing it. I'd like to join you on the 12th. You can set the hoop nets and then I will show you how we fish the Jetty at night for bass. 619-212-1985.

2. Paul the Great

Paul the Great Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Bill, you can join me tomorrow, but Im not bringing any fishing poles. I work. If you come, you will have to bring your old polyester jump suit you used for jazzersize class. You will be sweating it up like an Olivia Newton John song. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA</a>
    I cant leave the traps and drive over to the jetty. The traps will get stolen or taken by navy, coast guard, harbor police, bad guys, or jesus. Either way, if I leave them, they will dissappear. And if you go, you're not watching me do all the work for me to then watch you catch all the fish. I run a work boat, full of little slaves. Think Amastad, once you're aboard, your chained up and forced to work and do what I say.

Ill fish for halibut on the 14th if your down for rod and reel fishng. You can even bore yourself to death with sand bass if you must cast plastic fish lures and set the hook. I will be meticulously adding pressure to the rod and loading weight and then letting the circle hook burry itself into the corner of a flat fish. We eat like kings on my boat. Come if you wanna touch a slimy sardine and get some blood on your penny loafers.

Also, you are very correct, there are more deer in the USA today than ever. Less bison. 50 to 60 million bison roamed north america up till the late 1800s. Then the population went down to less than 2,000, with about 60 left in montana. The majority of those 2,000 were in canada, and none were left in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, or the Dakotas. The population is close to 500,000 now, with most of them still in Canada. The bison is the only land animal that does not get cancer. Plains indians, whos diet was up to 95% bison had no history of heart disease. Interesting red meat facts.

Most game animals in the USA are on the rise. Polar bears are even on the rise in some populations.

3. FishSDSU

FishSDSU Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Re: "How to" part two

Hey, Paul. Were you on the boat tonight with nets off Hospitality Point? I was fishing in the pitch black off the rocks by the lifeguard station.

Sent from my PC36100

4. Paul the Great

Ratings:
    +318
    I did not fish Hospitality Point. I fished a new area and we caught 12 lobsters for 3 guys. My neighbor and my boss came with me. I had so much fun, Im gonna do it again tonight and probably pass on halibut on the 14th. My neighbor will go tonight, and I have nobody to go halibut fishing with on Saturday. Poor me. Ill just have to catch more lobsters.

5. ferd

ferd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Paul, What do you know about bait? Danny Hernandez says "always use fresh bait". I always thought lobsters were a bit like catfish...they will go for stinky stuff.
    I personally know that seals hate chicken livers because I tossed some to seals on a few occasions and they just spit it out. An old, asian woman told me that lobsters love chicken and seals hate it. what is your take on bait???

6. Paul the Great

Ratings:
    +318
    Ever seen a bass boat? Ask them what they use for bait. Everything works at some point.

7. Chevy4x4

Chevy4x4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Boat:
    1986 Ranger
    Even tho this is 4 years old I had comment on it and say thanks for the info on hoop netting PTG , entertaining also

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +702
    Name:
    Bill
    Yes i agree Chevy4x4
    very informative and entertaining, even though its old i just found it myself and appriciatte the amount of effort that went into providing the enformation for us.

9. FishKiller49

FishKiller49 New Member

Ratings:
    +1

10. FishKiller49

FishKiller49 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So Paul iam new to the hopping iam going to try it out December with a fishing buddy of mine. Last time I was out visiting we saw a lot of commercial Hoops in the kelp is that were you say set up for first time to try it out

11. FishKiller49

FishKiller49 New Member

Ratings:
    +1

12. FishKiller49

FishKiller49 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No the lowest form of meat hunting is a lawyer go 49ers

13. FishKiller49

FishKiller49 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No the lowest form of meat hunting is a lawyer go 49ers

14. FishKiller49

FishKiller49 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No the lowest form of meat hunting is a lawyer go 49ers.

15. FishKiller49

FishKiller49 New Member

Ratings:
    +1

16. FishKiller49

FishKiller49 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So basically what you're saying is you don't need to chase them out to deep water like everybody's telling me on Facebook they're saying yeah he starts out as the season goes on you got to chase into deeper water?

17. AlwazeFishing

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29
    Hey Paul gimme a shout if you have time later it’s been to long dude 1-619-244-5184