hunting rounds

Discussion in 'Hunting & Firearms' started by fishinggod22, Jul 24, 2012.

1. fishinggod22

fishinggod22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive come into a problem. i just picked up a 264 cal rifle for deer hunting. the problem is there are no 264 cal rounds on the approved list for this damn state unless i purchase the cartriges and bullets seperately. sadly i do not load my own ammo and was hoping someone here knows a place i can get ammo made that will be cali legal. any help is much appreciated.

2. SgtMaj

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +149
    It would help your cause if you told me the exact calibre you have.
    .264 Win Mag
    6.5mmx55mm Swedish
    6.5mmx54mm Danish
    6.5mm Rem Mag
    .260 Rem

All the above calibres are availiable from the Norma Ammunition Company from 100 gr to 160 gr HPBT or SPBT.

I don't know where this no .264 calibre approval list comes from because one of my hunting partners uses a .264 Win Mag for all his hunting in California. He usually gets his ammo at Spragues in Yuma with no problems and it is readily avaliable from Norma.

3. SgtMaj

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +149
    The Approved List................that's only for lead free ammo. One only needs to use that in the designated areas. That restriction doesn't carry over to the entire state.

And yes, it appears if you need the lead free ammo in 6.5mm you or someone else will need to reload it as one can only buy the cases and projectiles seperately.

Find someone who will reload them for you or don't hunt in a lead free area.