ICE Raids

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by old_rookie, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,316
    News is talking about this recently. Nearly 700 arrested in Mississippi.

Yes, we are a nation of immigrants. Immigrants are not illegal aliens.

Yes, it is sad the children miss their parents, so why did the parents not become US citizens? Is there something preventing them? Is there a long wait? Can they get a green card while waiting or is the green card not enough to prevent an arrest?

I used to have a green card, then I went on to become a US citizen.

2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39,686
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    I dunno.. whole thing sucks, we can't feed the world though too...

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,261
    I think that a lot of these people aren't educated as to what they need to do to come here and become a citizen in a legal way. In some countries, there are ads on TV that are inviting them to come up here for a better life, health care, school and jobs. I wonder who is behind those ads? Lots of poverty and unrest in other countries, but the U.S. can't just take in the whole world. We already have problems with homeless, too many people on welfare, veteran's benefits being ignored, etc. Unscreened illegal aliens (sorry, but that is what they are, as opposed to legal resident aliens) come in with little or no knowledge about the U.S., our customs, our history(take the citizenship history test, sometime. I did, and I did so badly on it, that I maybe wouldn't be able to become a citizen), may be carrying diseases that have not been present for decades in America.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,215
    A lot of people in this country have a difficult time understanding the difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration. They are just living there life and are constantly told Trump is targeting migrants. That is a total lie. He is targeting those that cut the line and screw those legally immigrating out of jobs. Those illegal aliens broke numerous laws just by being here and being employed. If you break a law or in these cases numerous laws then you may be incarcerated and seperated from your family. If I don't pay taxes guess what? I get seperated from my family. Yea it sucks for the family but it has to be done. If you don't want to be seperated from those you love don't break the law.
    I get these people are poor but it is not our duty to take on the worlds poor. We can't and shouldn't do it. We can't do it because we can't afford to do it. We shouldn't do it because it allows bad governments to remain in power. It acts as a pressure relief valve. It allows for an out that doesn't require a revolution. Those that can no longer survive or are angry at there living conditions, corruption put energy into leaving and coming to the US for a better life rather the forcing change with in there own countries.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. ColdEye

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +356
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,215
    First off those that employ illegal aliens should be arrested. I agree.
    Do you have any proof that these raids had anything to do with that lawsuit. That artical didn't state if those employee's involved in the lawsuit were illegal aliens, it simply stated they were Hispanic. Smells like another conspiracy theory cooked up by the left.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. ColdEye

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +356
    The EEOCC suit most likely uncovered a large number of undocumented aliens in the suit, and ICE can then review that information and use it as evidence to target raids. Is it a surprise to anyone that that the meat industry and majority of fruit and vegetable operations are run on illegal labor? I don't see any of them being prosecuted. ICE has probably been requesting data from suits like these (meat processing plants etc) so they can do their raids.

You can call it a conspiracy all you want, seems like that is the easy thing to do nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. ColdEye

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +356
    BTW that article is from last year if you bothered to read it. It's not like it was released the day of the raid. That would be fishy, I might actually wear my tin foil hat.

9. Mogambo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,637
    Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    19 foot Sea Pro
    California law requires a business owner to get at least one form of identification showing the person has the legal right to be in the United States when hiring an employee. That being said, there are all kinds of places in Mexico along the boarder that offer very realistic counterfeit identification. Most of the farm workers gather at a place in Calexico early every morning to be hired by labor contractors to work harvesting vegetables in season. The workers that are hired must also have a Social Security card and are bused to the field by the labor contractor. Those that crossed the border did so with fake id’s and the same id’s are shown to the farm labor contractor as proof that they have the legal right to be in the United States. Obviously the Social Security cards are fake too. Countless times buses have been stopped by the Border Patrol on the way to the fields and the occupant’s ids checked again with state of the art instruments. Sometimes as many as 50% are found to have fake ID’s and are arrested.

One time I was flying from Imperial on a small airline to LAX, to catch a flight to the east coast. The plane held 19 people. That day besides myself, there were 15 Chinese on the plane. The Boarder Patrol arrived just as the pilot was about to take off and plane returned to the loading area and everyone had to get off. When the smoke cleared I was the only legal citizen. I had the whole plane to myself on my flight to Los Angeles. They had all used very good fake id’s to purchase an airline ticket.

So it may be very difficult for an employer to be sure the id they are given as identification is real. Bentonville, AR is famous as the headquarters of WalMart but also as the chicken processing capital of the US. The processing facilities there, like Tyson Foods, have been raided numerous times over the years and the majority of the workforce arrested and hauled.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,316
    Interesting. I wonder how Border Patrol new to divert that flight.
    Something that comes to mind reading this are the hacks of Capital One, and Equinox and so forth - all that PII data being stolen. Willing to bet those lists make it across the border where fake IDs are created.

11. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,721
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    The left has been successful at confusing people on this matter. Back in the day everybody used the term "illegal alien" to refer to those who had sneaked across the border. Now the left calls them "migrants seeking asylum". Anyone who dares call them what they are is a RACIST! What has happened to people's brains?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAUTzHIF5ss

#11 fisheromen, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,215
    I did read it. I thought you were claiming it was some kind of recourse by the employer to target those that sued them. Sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying.

13. kyle12345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,113
    Name:
    Kyle
    I am going to have to provide a dissenting position here.. First off nobody wants to be here illegally. With very difficult immigration quotas and legal processes it makes it very difficult for folks such as these workers to even dream of becoming a citizen, so we force them into the shadows. Trust me, if we had a process for these people to become legal, they would. Secondly, we need these people, particularly the children to help with our up and coming demographic bubble. Americans are not having enough children and we need these children to be our future workers. Who do you think is going to take care of all of us when we get old? That town will sorely miss those immigrants and their children. Good luck finding replacements to do that work and oh yeah those kids each come with state funding, so the schools will lose out as well. I come from rural America and have first hand seen how immigrants have revitalized communities through their work ethic and desire to live the American dream. Finally, I love my country very much, but we are not perfect. We are responsible in part for this crisis. We have for years as a policy destabilized Latin American countries through our doing things like overthrowing Democratically elected officials, which has thrown these poor countries into economic and social chaos. It is us who export the guns to Mexico, gangs like MS 13 to El Slalvador (originally from Los Angeles) and then pretend we are innocent. So in my mind we have social responsibility to help these people or at least my Christian upbringing has taught me to help the least of my brothers.. Sorry for this winded response, I don’t expect anyone to change their mind from reading this. In the end I am so happy to live in this multicultural border town and feel blessed to have the Mexican American experience be part of my community. And the tacos are great too!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,215
    Umm.. They do have a process to be here legally. They chose to ignore it and cut in line.
    Second our policies are not responsable for their situation. It was voting for those who promised to give the them the world. They voted for them and they did impound the weath from weathy individuals however they kept it. Creating mass poverty while benefiting the few. Keeping their military happy so they can continue to suppress the masses apparently comes with a high price tag.
    You claim we can't replace the illegal workers with legal ones? Not true, we have a long waiting line of those willing to come here and fill the needed positions. However we have a large number of those cutting in line and taking those jobs.
    Your us exporting guns to these countries is BS. These guys are using guns not legal in the US. I guess the fall out of the USSR didn't createthe biggest surpluse of fully auto weapons ever released on earth. The guns they are using don't usually come from the US. They trade cocaine with the russian gangs for the real deal fully automatic weapons. Plus as of resent been using middle eastern bomb styles. Indicating a possible trade off for secured entery into the US. We teach you to make bombs you get us into the US.
    I get it it is cool to sacrifice yourself at the alter of globalism.

#14 Medicated fisherman, Aug 9, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,317
    Consider these few things.. First, they're here illegally regardless of how you want to spin it. If they came through what you might call the proper channels, they were given a court date to appear before an immigration table judge (nearly 90% of the people given court dates knowingly and wilfully fail to show up for their hearings).

Second.. They each made a conscious decision to blow-off their court hearing in favor of just winging it in America - who knows why - probably because we've made it ridiculously easy for them to get by with doing so. But by them doing so, they've now placed all of their immediate family members in total deportation jeopardy as well. So lets just call it like it is.. laziness. Its not being uninformed, its not being misinformed, it's not "I didn't know".. its not being anything.. its laziness. They see others doing it so they think why not. As long as those checks keep coming in, everything is good to go. :emoji_thumbsup:Sorry.. I'm not buying it..its on them.

Third.. I've asked before but I cant seem to get a straight answer on this.. How is their employer paying them? Check or cash? Check means the employer (it the employer is legit) is having to - or should be - paying taxes and SS, etc on every dollar earned. Cash means they are (most likely) knowingly employing someone that doesn't have a valid SS#. Sooo.. whats up? Are we giving everyone a pass on that, too?

Tired of getting the daylights taxed out of me for a bunch of freebies taken by people that can't seem to follow the law. And I'm tired of seeing lawmakers look the other way. I'm having a tough time believing others aren't tired of it yet, too. I have an idea.. since some think we should be putting-up for free medical, free dental, free EBT and free everything else for nothing more that a completed Democrat Voter Registration card, how about they pay for all of that with their paycheck taxes? I'd prefer my taxes went to people that really and legally need it. There just comes a time when you gotta stop dreaming up excuses for people.

PS.. still waiting patiently for the AG/IG/Durham reports to activate. Cant wait for the big dominoes to fall .:emoji_pray:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. ScubaLee03

ScubaLee03 Real Estate Broker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,057
    Government should just stay out of charity work and leave that to none profits, religious entities, rich tycoons, kind individuals, etc.

No one should be forced to do charity out of their will. Would this foster more compassion instead of disgust for the human race?

On the grand scheme of things, avg life span is ~75+ years for **** Sapiens... so much beauty in the world to enjoy in so little time from my brothers and sisters of different races and cultures to get caught up in the rhetoric between politicians.

I also think it’s in our DNA that we are migratory animals, always have been, always will be. (Space exploration, Mars?)

Real Estate is heavily dependent on immigration and internal migration so I’m biased here. Everyone needs a roof over their head.

Edit: internal migration.

#16 ScubaLee03, Aug 9, 2019
  17. ScubaLee03

ScubaLee03 Real Estate Broker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,057
    Ultimately, our economy is set up where US citizenship is not a requirement for participation.

Anyone can take a loan out for tuitions, to buy cars, to start businesses, even to own land. Add all of this to the govt handouts, and voila, melting pot of the world where anyone can come take that shot in life for the better.

Anyways, did you know US Green Cards can be bought for a cool ~$1M dollar?

I wonder how many of those are rapists or gang members... nah, only third class poor people can be such things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,317
    REAL "green cards" are stolen and manipulated every day.

The system is akin to that of the DMV.. people within the agency have developed themselves a way to either re-create or outright steal the blank ID cards, print them (with the actual holographic seal of the US, then sell them - practically over-the-counter to whoever can pay them cash money.. and the amount varies. You - as someone that wants one must first somehow prove you're not INS or CBP (or name your favorite agency).. then you hand over whatever cash money they ask for - and not just any cash money.. US currency. Then you get your fake ID card - complete with another person's ID number and information and walk back and forth at random. So when the ID is scanned on either side, you appear totally legit. Come on in, good guy !!

Gang members, rapists and "third class poor people" as you stated - whoever. It's a booming business because some want it to be. Go back to the DMV ID/CDL rings that were broken up several years ago. Research the people at the DMV counters where it all started. Then come back on here and we'll "discuss."
    Discuss.jpg

19. landman10

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +320
    One word LEFTIST

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  20. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,215
    I hate to be crass but rich immigrants instantly better the country. In times of low unemployment we can afford to allow more poor less skilled labor in to take lower paying jobs. However during higher unemployment they harm the less educated populations. Even now they cause a stagflation within the uneducated citizen labor force. That is why we need to control the flow of immigration in order to maintain a better lifestyle for our poor. Illegal immigration causes us to restrict the legal immigration of low skilled labor to protect the low skill job market. After all your in real estate. So tell me do wealthy immigrants buying million dollar home not benifit you more then poor immigrants renting in poor neighborhoods? Poor immigrants also compete with our poor citizens for affordable housing. A nation can only take in so many of the world impoverished without spiraling our poor into unimaginable living conditions.
    That said I think they should deport anyone here Illegally rich or poor.