If You Are Skeptical About Sea-Level Rise...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by plako, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +56,890
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Same morons foisting those #s, fisheromen , same guys telling us this is the warmest earth has ever been, same dudes who say antarctica had forests 30k years back, same dudes who don't account for mass loss of the sun, and then turn around and say evolution takes even longer... Yahoos who can't even explain the fox snake (P. vulpina)... Ah well, ADIP, I guess

2. Chriwilson

Chriwilson I'm your Huckleberry ...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,387
    Boat:
    Nunya
    Sorry to read the restrictions that were imposed on you during your wife's procedure. I'm gonna go on a limb and speculate that a lot of your reaction stems from that frustrating experience; don't blame you.

That being said, don't hold your breath for things to change. Hospital systems are a business that provide health services at various levels to patients in different categories or castes if you will. Hate to say it, but patient welfare is secondary and is really determinant on the previous.

My excerpt involves an old lady from the South Bay who tried on multiple arduous occasions to join a clinical trial for her Stage IV Adenocarcinoma. Maybe it was Kaiser, maybe it was cross dealing with Kaiser, maybe it was the onboarding; each attempt at joining the cohort resulted in denial for copay due to insurance/administrative reasons. IIRC, it was close to $10k per month just for the experimental medication at the time.

The music has a magical way of becoming refined when you can transcend castes and move into the cash patient realm, I can assure you. It succinctly clarified just how fragile human society can be with our direct and indirect interactions.

3. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,387
    Boat:
    Nunya
    But how can this be, given the Earth is flat ?...

4. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,724
    Boat:
    It floats

I bet the water went up with metal that went in floating and sinking during WW2

5. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,724
    Boat:
    It floats
  6. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,314
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    I was hiking once on the cliffs between la Jolla shores and the cove and found shells embedded in the cliff a 100' feet above sea level...hmmm!

7. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,724
    Boat:
    It floats
    Yup! If mankind is still around by then, one day, “they” will be politicizing Global Cooling and trying to get wealthy off that.

8. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,314
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    They tried that in the 70s, think it made the cover of Time magazine back then!

9. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,940
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Funny, Christians were the first to be referred to as "flat-earthers", when the Bible mentions the "circle of the earth".

10. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,940
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    It takes a long time for something impossible to happen.

11. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,243
    I'm gonna go out on a limb of my own and say none of this had anything to do with me being withheld from being bedside with the missus. It's about privileges of the elite and famous.

This has everything to do with the privileges we gift to the upper tier.. the elites, the superstars, the politicians, all of the attention seekers, and anyone else that tries to impress others with their status and who they think they are. It was bad enough prior to Trump. Now its over the cliff. For me, what's worse is that these poor people - the ones with no life of their own - the everyday Joe and Jane - actually feel some kind of connection to give these people exactly what they are craving - mass attention and following numbers. They are the same people that follow someone famous on their little Twitter account, then run around telling everybody that they are "besties" with these wealthy, well-known idiots. Its the most twisted thing I've ever seen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  12. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,444
    It's even worse than you think. The top of Mount Everest is limestone which is formed underwater, so that means water was once >30,000 feet higher than today's sea level. Which means the oceans are evaporating into outer space and soon there will be no ocean water left to fish in at all. We will all have to fish freshwater instead.

The History of Mount Everest, the World's Tallest Mountain.

And you can't trust those sea level height measurements that are reported to be done by satellite if the earth is flat since there would be nothing for the satellites to revolve around.

And worse on worse, there are places in Imperial Valley where the sediments are >15,000' deep meaning it used to be 15,000' underwater.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=8423

The sea level is clearly out of control. We need a strong leader like Trump and not Sleepy Joe to bring it back into line.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,166
    Boat:
    Montauk
    What do those moron geologists know? Probably paid off by the sinister globalists, Soros, Gates, etc...

14. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,387
    Boat:
    Nunya
    Somehow I don't find that translation to account for Israelites knowing the Earth was spherical.
    This is more relative to Heaven encircling the Earth ?

15. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,155
    The problem is group think within the sciences. At one time modt all the greatest scientific minds the world had thought the earth was flat and the sun revolves around the earth and any dissenting views were considered heresy. People were moched for thinking the world was round or the earth spins on an axis. Group think has no place in science. Only replicable theories prove science. If you drop something on earth it will fall EVERY time, gravity is an example of accepted scientific fact. Scientific theories should be questioned and tested, not this "Don't ask questions, you're to stupid and unqualified" mentality that is prevalent today. If the average guy can look at a theory and have questions you should be happy to go into detail and answer his questions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,444
  17. fishindad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    What goes up must come down.......

18. fishindad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    What comes down must go up.....

19. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,166
    Boat:
    Montauk
    An excerpt from a recent interview with a woman who is both an evangelical and an atmospheric scientist, professor and director of the Climate Center at Texas Tech University:

You’ve said that the number one predictor for whether we think that the climate is changing and its impacts are serious has nothing to do with how much we know about science, but simply where we fall on the political spectrum. How do you explain that?

"Climate change is a casualty to the political polarization that has been emerging in the United States over the last few decades. And why are we becoming so politically polarized? There’s a number of factors — the fact that we all have access to customized media today. So we’re all living in these echo chambers, or bubbles, where we just have our beliefs reinforced constantly. But it’s my opinion, at least, that it stems from fear. The world is changing so fast. It makes us think that maybe we’ll be left behind; it makes us afraid. It makes us want to just circle the wagons and tighten our boundaries and just hear from people who share the same ideas as we do and feel the same way that we do.

Because here’s the thing. When I run into people who are very adamant about rejecting climate change — they’re not that many; only 7 percent of people are dismissive, but they’re very loud about it. I look at those people, whether it’s on social media or if they wrote me a letter — rarely do I run into them in person; most prefer to be behind the safety of a keyboard before they attack you — but I look at who they are because I’m curious. And easily 90 percent of the time — probably more than that — climate change is just one of a package of issues: extreme nationalism, anti-immigration, right-wing politics. You know, whatever the current issue of the day is — covid, school shooting — you can guarantee that whoever rejects climate change will also be adamantly defending the right of people to bear weapons and supporting covid myths and disinformation. It all goes together."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,174
    Just someone's else opinion that apparently coincides with yours and not necessarily true in all aspects. Cannot even compare to the deep reasoning offered by CY as a dominant idea. Well, perhaps just making analogy with other visibly dominant ideas crying for more government power, isn't that the common denominator indeed? :emoji_smirk:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List