1. Anglers Marine is looking for motivated, qualified, career driven employees for their Lakeside location. Full time Counter Sales, Part Sales, and Boat Sales positions are available at their Lakeside location. Health insurance and 401k benefits are available. Pay based on experience. Contact Rick or Cindy at 714-666-2628 if interested.
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in buying custom plastic lures

Discussion in 'Lure Making & Customizing' started by filippo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. filippo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback 2016
    I'm looking for someone to pour me some custom lures. Nothing fancy, just a couple of colors of choice and specific dimensions.

I'd buy a few to try them out, and then buy in bulk to make your worthwhile.

PM if interested.

2. spoonminnow

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +349
    What fish would you use them for? What style lure?

If you do a search on Ebay, you'll most likely find what you need. I pour my own plastics except for the ones I can't get molds for, and then get them on Ebay. To get a mold made for a specific design costs quite a bit and I find that modifying what I already own (customizing), works really well for 6 fish species.

Unless one is in the business of selling soft plastic lures, just making one involves adding color to a cup of plastic after microwaving it, adding glitter and then pouring into a mold that might not get used again.
    The cost per bait would be much more than what you might find premade.

3. filippo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback 2016
    I've already figured it out. Thanks for the info though, very valuable. :)