1. Anglers Marine is looking for motivated, qualified, career driven employees for their Lakeside location. Full time Counter Sales, Part Sales, and Boat Sales positions are available at their Lakeside location. Health insurance and 401k benefits are available. Pay based on experience. Contact Rick or Cindy at 714-666-2628 if interested.
    Dismiss Notice

is it still a hoax?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DDuvan1, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDuvan1

DDuvan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188
    Will Mr. Trump now do something about the Russians meddling in our election?

Mueller indicts 13 Russians for U.S. election meddling.

Hopefully our government will now move to prevent this in the future. It is important no matter which side you are on.

2. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,213
    Question.. did the Russians "meddle" in favor of the Dems or the Repubs?

3. DDuvan1

DDuvan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188
    actually both. You can read the indictment online.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,815
    Does anyone else find this just mind blowing that "we" are so offended and surprised by the fact that Russia "meddled" in our election?

The US meddles in a ton of other countries' elections. Why are we surprised that someone else is interested in influencing ours to benefit them?

Is it just this myopic view of the US that we're so much better than every other country and should be the only ones to have any influence on the world around us?

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,315
    There realistically isn't much that can be done. Intelligence services around the world, especially those of the more influential nations, are very creative in the ways they wield influence on foreign politics. Close one avenue, and they can just open another one. We can fight it all we want, but shy of turning ourselves into a pre-industrial state, and completely shutting ourselves out from the rest of the world, there will always be some level of influence.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,811
    not surprising I agree. however why would our pres deny it at every opportunity? Russians wanted Trump, that is clear. If we ignore it what help is that?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,815
    So did Americans. The end.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Troy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,502
    Well Hillary did win the popular vote lol

I think the Russians meddled and I think they were surprised by how well it turned out. Not sure if they wanted Hillary or Trump to win I think they just wanted to cause chaos which obviously they did and still are...

I think the problem is trump has a big ego and can’t admit someone helped him win... and just to be clear I think the candidate he was up against had more influence on him winning the election than Russian meddling...

I think the sooner this is over the better it’s dragged on for far too long...

I think there are just as many Russian ties to Hillary as there are to trump maybe more. Either way what’s done is done. Lets accept it happened and move on.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,984
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    How many of you guys voted for Trump because the Russians told you to?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. AzImport

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,315
    Depending on who you talk to, everyone who voted for trump was influenced somehow by the russians....

11. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,213
    Doesn't matter who had more votes in the end. Clinton took the popular. Trump took it all. Trump knew where to campaign and how to do it. A Lot of "closet" Trump supporters came out of the woodwork to vote for him just like was expected by the Trumpers. The closet supporters that came out on voting day were never even considered by the Clinton campaign. It was beautiful. Finally, a NON-politician that said exactly what lots of Americans have wanted to say themselves over the years, but hadn't for fear of retaliation, assault, termination, being disowned by family and friends, etc.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. AzImport

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,315
    Sad thing about that Creek is that is exactly what happened in a lot of situations. I come from a middle-left family, and having come up in Arizona, I didn't exactly have that problem. My wife is from here, and she basically lost probably half of her friends, some whom she has known for over 20 years, because of her vote.

And trick of it is, we now have a president, who listened to the right people and campaigned in the right places, who has a "friendly" congress that can't seem to quite support him. Now if only we could replace all them lovely examples of citizens in congress with people who actually care about what the people want....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,815
    Let's also not forget that these indictments that came down today indicate that this "Russia wants Trump to win" plan started in 2014 - a YEAR before Trump announced his candidacy.

There is simply no rational, logical, nor fair way to say that Russia wanted Trump to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,685
    Name:
    Larry M
    This is just part of an article I read.
    The real winner is Russia by dividing us.

Screenshot_2018-02-16-19-34-57-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-16-19-35-24-1.png

15. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie SDRC Neophytes: 9
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,907
    Boat:
    Broken Yak
    Oh yeah, his great voters in the rust belt. The people who put in faith in his ability to help out with healthcare in America, who expected lower taxes to help them have an affordable living. You could say they got what they received. For example my grandparents, when trump enacted his great tax cut on the rich and drove up the cost of insurance... leaving some like my grandparents unable to afford healthcare and a cause if their passing in no less then two months ago. They invested hope in that Trump could reinvigorate public infustructure, whilst not taxing the wallet, only to learn that the states would have to pay 80% of the 1.5 trillion needed to assist their daily commute, a feat only completed with increased taxes. Yes, if you’re a sadist, the you would gleefully say yes.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,850
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Seems to me that what Trump always denied was COLLUSION with the Russians by his team. Turns out their WAS collusion... by the Dems.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  17. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie SDRC Neophytes: 9
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,907
    Boat:
    Broken Yak
    Really, evidence seems to say that it was... by the Reps.

Alright, at this point trying to argue the whole thing is pretty moot.. A large point of the Mueller probe is that was collusion, and furthermore Mueller couldn't have done 13 indictments without a substantial amount of evidence to support his action.. that's the only way it would pass. Just sayin, if Mueller has gotten this far and the party is supposed to be just setting the plates, and he claims there was collusion with the Trump Campaign... there should be more to come. And so what if he does... working with a foreign government in order to assist in their agenda on home soil is treason by my standard. I would apply the same logic if I were in the shoes I was talking about.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,213
    I'm not offended by it.. I'm offended at how the media trained and continues to train all of the guilt onto Trump, his staff, his supporters, his family, his housecat, and anyone or anything with a pulse that didn't vote for Clinton.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Not according to my brother, who still fumes over Trump every time I talk to him. he claims that Hillary won with more votes. I guess he's not very fond of the electoral college when things don 't go in his favor.:emoji_thinking:

20. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,850
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    With whom and by whom is the question. No indictments of any Americans for collusion. In fact I have not heard the word collusion used to describe any indictment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List