Is She Right?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fisheromen, Mar 22, 2020.

1. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,530
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,442
    dont think nows the time for a debate....

3. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,605
    I think she is 100% right.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"
    Rahm Emanuel

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,530
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Debate is always in order! A government that does whatever it pleases in the name of "Emergency" is a Tyrannical Government!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,442
    Correct me if im wrong.
    Bottom line is you & her are pissed cuz its not right for the Gov to make stores close, control us & make us stay home....
    If you look at numbers, this shi... is multiplying aggressively....
    If you leave it to the general people to make a decision , resolve it, control it, etc...
    Alot more people would be dead than necessary....
    Bottom line!
    We're not truly not shelter in-place as theres people all over the place right now still in close proximity, ive seen it first hand!
    Theres soooo much contamination still out there & its too late when that person crosses paths with this ick...
    Alot of places are still open, grocery stores costco, home depot, etc...
    That in-itself is giving alot of people the abilty to get this bug, ca infected numbers are going up lets say 200 +/- cases a day right now, will get worse...
    You want to cry that the governor cant control us & its wrong.
    Would be suicidal right now if they havent stepped-in & started shutting things down!!!
    Not everyone is doing the right thing & staying home, some people still have to go to work & deal with lots of platforms / people & high chance of getting this no-matter how careful we are...
    Youre saying its wrong for them to control us but if you got this ick & lost the battle they didnt do enough......

#5 Slater, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Capt Ray

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,774
    Name:
    Ray
    Alright fisheromen...what is your plan to stop a repeat of the 1918 influenza pandemic that killed over 50 million people in a time where the world had way more separation then in today's "small world" environment. I am all ears.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. tsugg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    alumacraft 165
    EXACTLY !! I just took the wife for a ride past the beach due to cabin fever. People everywhere!! I'm talking like 4th of july type sheet!!! Like people double parked waiting for an empty parking spot!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,259
    Boat:
    It floats
    Liz wheeler is awesome

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,865
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    According to the CDC final estimate of 2009 U.S. H1N1 cases (published in 2011): from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million U.S. cases, 274,304 U.S. hospitalizations, and 12,469 U.S. deaths occurred due to H1N1. That’s the empirical data.

There was no panic and fear driven by the mainstream media.
    There was no forced social distancing.
    There was no shutdown of sports and entertainment.
    There was no shutdown or restrictions of bars and restaurants.
    There was no state executive orders for all citizens to shelter-in-place quarantine.
    There was no federal request for all non essential US citizens to stay home for two+ weeks.
    There was no impact on the stock market nor the economy.

There was none of this and yet 60,8000,000 infections and 12,469 US deaths due to the H1N1 virus.

To date there has been 26,326 infections and 337 US deaths due to the coronavirus.
    The mortality rate is equal to or lower than the common flu.

But yet all that and more is occurring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,442
    San Diego County COVID-19 Cases Rise to 159

8:38 a.m. Sunday, March 22, 2020

San Diego County's confirmed coronavirus cases spiked from 131 to 159 between Friday and Saturday, county health officials said.

Of the 159 people in the county with positive diagnoses, health officials said 135 are county residents, 11 are in federal quarantine and 13 are not county residents.

Of the 34 patients who have been hospitalized, 25 are county residents. Twelve of those hospitalized were in intensive care, as was one non-county resident.

The vast majority of San Diego County's cases — nearly 100 of those who have tested positive — have been under the age of 60. One individual's age is unknown.

Confirmed Cases by City of Residence Report (updated weekly)

The health department will hold another coronavirus briefing Sunday afternoon, which will include San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer and County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher. You can watch the briefing here on this blog at 2:30 p.m. -City News Service/KPBS

11. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,442
    What JB says here is real, been through other forums which involve majority of the US & other people within the health field first hand info have also spoke about how nasty this thing is, its not just a flu......

Social distancing at El Cap and a note from your friendly San Diego internist.

"On a more serious note, you might have heard we've got a virus coming though. I am an internal medicine doctor in SD and treating respiratory failure and viral pneumonia falls under my specialty. It has infected and killed far fewer people than the flu...for now. However, we're just getting started with it and the number of worldwide cases are doubling every 4-5 days. Cases in SD quadrupled over the weekend and 16 more cases were reported yesterday. Also, it is proving to be deadlier than the flu based on our current data. Flu cases also trickle in over several months whereas this virus has the potential to flood our hospitals. If that happens, we could get in a situation were healthcare officials limit who can have a possibly life-saving ventilator and who cannot. Take this virus seriously. The best case scenario is that you all give this virus some respect, it fizzles out and you guys can all tease me at the lake about how I made a mountain out of a mole hill. You can watch the news for the worst case scenario. No need to panic, just get ready. Luckily San Diego has had the benefit of learning from China, Europe and Washington to be as ready as we can to serve this community. Stay safe and healthy out here!"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,865
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    and I am willing to bet the number of regular flu cases in SD is way higher than 159...yet ZERO news coverage

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,530
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    All I'm thinking and all Liz is saying is that the Government is overstepping. You all have provided the proof: nobody is listening! For the first time in 41 years (Save a few vacation weeks) I did not stand in a pulpit and preach this morning. Was I afraid of spreading the virus? No, I did not want to appear lawless. My daughter will work an 8 hour shift today at Costco, then come home and sleep under my roof. Which is more likely to give me or my wife the virus? Having a church service in Ramona (with under 50 people) or my daughter coming home from the foaming hoards at Costco? Such inconsistencies abound and will not be stemmed by further Government regulation.
    People need to be informed and smart. Nobody I have heard is sounding the alarm that this could become another Spanish Flu. Liz repeated the steps that authorities are endlessly enumerating! Wash you hands... you know the thing...(Bidenism) If folks will not do that on their own, talking about the National Guard will not make a difference. My fear, more than dying, is that this could set a precedent for more Government control!
    LOL! Seems you think otherwise!

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,530
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    This, in no way, contradicts what Liz Wheeler said. To say that the Gov is overstepping is not the same as being casual about this virus .

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,442
    Like I said, didnt really want to go there & still disagree with you & you obviously wont see it in my view.
    How can you say the gov is overstepping. theyre taking your freedom & option to make your own choices.
    When were you going to tell the state of california & other states within the US, "this is getting out of control & we need to do something now"
    ????????
    They either get involved & do their part & what they feel is required to control this or do nothing....
    Theres no, oughhhh they over-stepped...
    Im listening completely, open minded, we can go round & round...
    You want to whine that theyre taking your freedoms, you want to die?????
    It will be out of your control to make your own decision,,,
    Theyre not overstepping at all, theyre trying to get this under control before it takes more lives like the rest of the world has been dealing with...

#15 Slater, Mar 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,442
    You wrote 3 words, is she right?
    Then you want to come on here & say proof that nobody is listening!!!!:emoji_rage::emoji_grin:
    Thats enough debating from me today, Vinny is goin to come over & take the batteries out of my keyboard....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,530
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    That could be debated endlessly! My point is could they? And if they did who would bat an eye? This National Guard thing that the President just announced makes me nervous! Kinda feel like the proverbial frog in the pot.

One statistic that seems nobody is considering: 80% of people who contract this virus will have mild to moderate symptoms. That in no way means that 20% will die. The highest death rate I have seen is 1.3% . That is not a good rate, but I wonder if the death rate from the stress of the situation will be much higher! Stress is known to lower one's immune response. I have chosen not to worry. (1 Peter 5:7)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,442
    Bottom line is thyre trying to avoid numbers like china, italy, iran, france spain, etc & do whatever it takes to do that!
    Cant be worried about the gov possibly having more control over you after this is all done!!!
    You mention common sense...
    I first hand personally know 2 people that are showing flu like symptoms & fever, they refuse to go get tested for selfish reasons...
    "Ill just self quarantine"
    Well what if during self quarantine all of a sudden they need to go to walmart to buy food as there nobody else to do it if for them & they infect everything the touch....
    Now theres the other idiot that forgot to wipe down the cart with the handy wipes that walmart is providing & then accidentally wipes his face after touching the cart?
    Im sure theres alot if this going on!
    I would imagine people that are getting it, really have no idea who they contracted it from
    Vicious cycle...
    Vinnys not here yet..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,380
    Oh my god that’s going to be exciting!!! I’ve been sitting over here at my girlfriends house trying to figure out what to do. I’ll be right over to pull those batteries out.
    Remember if I do that....that means Paul you can’t put any more comments because it wouldn’t be fair.
    I know,,,,Paul...I can just hear you now saying... “life’s not fair!”

#19 VinnyBass, Mar 22, 2020
  20. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,380
    Enough both of you! I’m heading over to get those damn batteries and Paul just look at some of the pictures of some of the nice fish you caught and before you know it, it will be one day closer to when your home lake will be open again. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List