Is there a problem?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Escofish, Jul 9, 2016.

?

Is there a police problem

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,531
    99% of whites are on edge? Source please..

2. Escofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +875
    Let me rephrase, 99% of whites I know personally. To be fair almost everyone I know is active military, military vets, LEOs, retired LEOs, DEA and FTA. Enough about me tho. I think it's silly you need a source. Just look around. To be honest I have very close black DEA,LEO friends that are on edge... Some of them had to stop hanging out with othe black friends because they refuse to jump on the BLM band wagon.

3. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,531
    I need a source because 99 percent of the people I know who are white are not on edge...some millitary and law enforcement also..I think it silly when people throw numbers out there to make a point..I figured it was 99 percent of white folks YOU know...I just don't like all this racial division..everybody is making this world so depressing

4. Escofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +875
    Absolutely. It makes me sick! The world is a scary place.

5. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    Milwaukee. Two suspects refuse to stop for police, when they do stop, they run on foot. The police give chase. One of them pulls a gun on police so the officer shoots him...

So because of that protestors in Milwaukee riot and set fires. WTF? What is the deal with that? How can you be upset by that?

Yeah, there's definitely a problem, a problem with our society. Ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,502
    Boat:
    Montauk

I don't have a comment on the recent Milwaukee incident, but will agree with you "there's definitely a problem ...."

Coincidentally, after a lengthy investigation of the Baltimore Police Department, the U.S. Dept of Justice, Civil Rights Division released their findings in a 163 page report that supports your assertion of there being a problem – a huge problem in fact.

“The document lays out, in often sickening detail, the many ways Baltimore police abused the law, the people they were meant to serve, the public trust, and their own brothers in arms. In the wake of the failed prosecution of six officers for the death of Freddie Gray, the report serves as a reminder that rather than an isolated crime, the Gray case was symptomatic of a force that regularly arrested people for insufficient reasons, or no reasons at all, and used excessive force against them—but particularly, and uniquely, black citizens of the city. The Justice Department makes clear that African Americans in Baltimore were targeted and abused by the police, making this report a twin to the department’s report on Ferguson, Missouri…”

upload_2016-8-14_7-56-28.png

And I suspect this isn’t just some isolated case of a police department going rogue… Alternately, I’m aware of other police departments that seem to have made great strides in improving community relations, rooting out corruption, increased training, etc.

And for the folks who clamor about constitutional rights, (ie: 2nd Amendment) where’s the outrage?

Google the report -- it's an interesting read.

7. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,239
    Those breaking the law should lose there job. It's that simple. Nothing to be outraged about. Let the DOJ prosecute those they found breaking the law. No one is trying to repeal the minorities rights. If they are being violated there should be consequences.

8. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    I agree 100% that the Baltimore PD has done a poor job with the Freddie Gray shooting. You'll get no argument out of me on that one. But I will point out that the report you've cited originated from folks who profit from perceived inequality and pot stirring.

I am certain that you won't comment on the Milwaukee thing because there flat out is NOT a way to make an excuse for that nonsense. Nor is there any way to pin it on the police so it makes sense you and the majority of the left won't speak on it. It wouldn't support the self serving, pre made excuse, everything is someone else's fault, everyone should be the same world you strive for.

Lastly, where are the 2ND amendment guys? Right here. The left is actively trying to take away our gun rights. Meanwhile, everyone is working harder to fix these "incidents" with police which are outnumbered vastly by all the good things police do. I personally don't see resisting arrest, running from the police, selling drugs or pointing weapons at police as rights.

9. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,274
    Ain't that the truth. All you see all day long on social media are whiny little bustards videoing themselves being pinheads proclaiming that police have no jurisdiction or rank over them during traffic and other incident stops. They seem to think that they can just ignore any questions or instructions from law enforcement without any consequences!

10. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,668
    Generation zero.

11. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,531
    As far as Milwaukee goes I can't speak on the incident itself..but the aftermath is ridiculous...it doesn't help the situation one bit..it just allows people to point the finger..it gives the people whose minds they are trying to change a chance to say"see they deserve it"...it takes away from all the work people have put in to make a change...one step forward..two steps back..

12. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    Well, I'm not saying anyone deserves anything. Those business owners certainly don't deserve to have their businesses burned down etc.

This is what I'm saying by we have a problem as a society. These stoopid bassturds have decided they want to burn down innocent people's businesses in order to what? Show that they understand something other than force? Demonstrate that they're fed up with violence? Get the police to be more open minded? Express their displeasure about being branded as violent?

13. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,531
    Agreed..counter productive..

14. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,502
    Boat:
    Montauk

1. The report was not about the Freddie Gray incident. It was a comprehensive review of the BPD and their deeply ingrained issues with widespread constitutional violations, the targeting of African Americans, and a culture of retaliation. The Freddie Gray incident was the catalyst that finally triggered an investigation by the Dept of Justice.

2. Are you really saying the U.S. Dept of Justice “profits from perceived inequality and pot stirring?” If so, I really don’t know what to say to that fabrication.

3. Your certainty about my declining to comment on the Milwaukee incident is misplaced. I didn’t comment because I simply had not read up on it yet.

4. I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about when you say “support the self serving, pre made excuse, everything is someone else's fault, everyone should be the same world you strive for.” Does this tie in with that “entitlement” thing you keep prattling on about?

5. Weak response on the 2nd Amendment issue…

6. “I personally don't see resisting arrest, running from the police, selling drugs or pointing weapons at police as rights.” Thank you for such bold and insightful thinking.

And back to the original question and the topic of this particular thread, "Is there a problem?" I'd say the report I've referenced pretty much clears up any confusion on that.

15. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,239
    This has nothing to do with the second ammendment. You have this notion in your head that if you don't jump on and support your cause then we don't have a right to support something important to us.

16. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    1. I agree with you and the dept of justice about the Baltimore PD, assuming this report is accurate. I do think it's irresponsible to use this one poor example when determining if there is a problem with police when literally thousands of others are shining examples but that's what the entitled do. I've spent time in Baltimore. It is a very dangerous place where the average street thug is very violent and the dog eat dog mentality is definitely the way it actually works in REALITY. I know those who wrote this report, and you bleeding hearts, don't have to live there and you definitely don't have to police the area so I don't expect you to have the ability to view it through any other eyes other than through the LA LA land eyes. You're not capable of understanding so you believe the pot stirring media who tells you what you should think.

2. Yes. Are you implying that the US government is not a money making organization? Political contributions and the like fund government agencies. Fact.

3. Mmmmkay...

4. Yes. That is exactly what I'm talking about. No personal accountability. Entitlement. Pretty straight forward. Pretending like that's not reality is detrimental to future societal improvement.

5. There was no 2ND amendment issue here until you brought it up in a weak attempt to derail the fact that moronic Milwaukee citizens are destroying their own city over a criminal being shot. The weakness was you bringing it up in the first place. It proves you were stuck without a valid point as it referred to this topic. Good try though.

6. You're welcome for my personal opinion, you're entitled to yours too. Does it differ from mine in that regard?

Right! Back to the topic, like I posted when adding to the OP about the problem. Milwaukee is yet ANOTHER example of the problem.

Next.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    There it is!!! Got the standard red X from @scisports that comes with all of my posts!

He disagrees. Must mean that he does believe that criminals have the right to resist arrest, run from the police, sell drugs or point weapons at police. That's a sheltered life right there!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,793
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Anybody heard Obama speak to the Milwaukee incident? Me neither, which is probably a good thing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Escofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +875
    @scisports you disagree with this? If you do then your moral compass is Fed up. Or you have emotional problems and disagree out of spite

20. Escofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +875
    Not much to talk about... It's the normal in today's society... It would be like him addressing the nation about me going to work tonight.... No one cares, Anymore.