Is there a problem?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Escofish, Jul 9, 2016.

?

Is there a police problem

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,404
    1 + 1 can equal 3 during true negotiation. Covey is a great read about this.

2. Marcus Reichert

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +399
    Let me start by saying I do not agree with Black Lives Matter. In fact, I hate them. My reasoning is they are dividing this country racially when in reality, if we want to heal race relations we need to come together as brothers and sisters. The media has created this monster and supports their "peaceful protest". It is not okay to simply demonize police and whites as racist bigots out to oppress blacks, that is simply not true. As a matter of fact Black Lives Matter is a hate group in a sense. If Black Lives Matter truly cared about black lives, they would address the very high volume of black on black violence in their own communities. Just for comparison, statistics show more blacks killed other blacks in Chicago then Americans were killed in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars combined, just sayin'. Over 60% of police killing a civilian are white males. I don't see any white lives matter protesters claiming racism. Every lie Black Lives Matter and the media has uttered can and will be defeated with logic and truth.

Now lets address the problems in this:

-Police need to be accountable for using deadly force, not all situations someone has to die.

-The black culture in America must also change. 74% single motherhood rate, I think its easy to argue it is causal for young black males growing up without a role model and turn to crime.

-We have to squash the media, the media will lie our exaggerate situations to achieve there political goals. They craft a false narrative and people eat it up.

-We must come together as a people to overcome this.

3. Marcus Reichert

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +399
    You are forgetting the black community, people need to be accountable for improving their own culture. Black culture today
    Someone has a ******** brain around here

4. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    it would be nice for cultures to change...but culture is not the problem...I can list a ton of things but I'm sure most can figure it out..who says black lives matter doesn't care about black on black crime? I'm sure they do but were formed as a group to deal with police..that's their cause..right or wrong..it's seems to be a big talking point for those against black lives matter though..that's like getting mad at Susan g komen for not caring about AIDS...I'm sure anybody can search the statistics and see that 71% of cops killed were this year were killed by white males(at least last I checked)...so if culture is the issue there's more than one that needs to change..personally though..since I am an American..I feel it is all of our responsibility to change our culture..we are not a we or a them..we are an us...

5. Marcus Reichert

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +399
    Thanks for making my point. BLM is separating blacks from whites. We will never come to a solution with people like them around. They are a hate group. They want cops dead. They want whites dead. These are all facts. Truth is nothing you can argue. They are a toxic group, they do not work toward solutions, they are destroying race relations.

6. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    Disagree..And how did I make your point?..never mind..I don't care..I'm done with this thread..said all I need to say

7. Marcus Reichert

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +399
    Out of steam?

8. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,498
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Marcus, I respect your opinion but I'd have to disagree with your allegation:

"They are a hate group. They want cops dead. They want whites dead."

9. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    And
    haha..this post is kinda old..I already made my points...nothing more to say

10. Marcus Reichert

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +399
    Just teasing hahaha.

11. Marcus Reichert

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +399
    Well if you look at the riots in Charlotte they were chanting they wanted cops dead. I'm not lying. These people at the riots are the extremely angry and ignorant ones ready to kill someone.

12. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    The reality here is that if you've not experienced these folks in person, you don't know what they want.

The only thing you do know about them is what the media tells you. Which, for the most part, is what BLM wants you to know.

Now, of course, we could use the cop out of, "BLM isn't the ones saying that! It's just a few bad seeds who hang around them."

Yeah, OK. Look, I've been within earshot twice of their rallies. Both times, at least half of the crowd was saying "cops need to die to pay for this", "F*** the police", "we're taking over", "white is done"...amongst other things.

Personally, I think that BLM didn't start out as a racist organization but it is definitely one now that protests perceived violence and ignorance with violence and ignorance. Anger is not an excuse for this behavior.

To their credit, after two days of widespread violence in Charlotte some leaders stepped up and got them to stop doing it in mass and in the public eye. After that, it was just random beatings of white guys by small "unaffiliated" groups. Here in New Bern and in Greenville is where I heard all those racist quotes but to my knowledge, they've not been violent at all.

13. sumpin_fishy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +155
    How about no media coverage.

14. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,735
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    On a closer front, even after the release of the video, The Rev. Harris of Sharpton's ilk, is still calling the Olango shooting MURDER! Seems there is a time where "Freedom of Speech" becomes inciting a riot. According to some survey more than half believe the shooting was not justified. All I know is that if I were in that cop's shoes, I would have done exactly as he did!

15. sumpin_fishy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +155
    It scares me to think that there are people who after viewing this video, still think the officer was in the wrong. It makes me scared for our future. We are doomed on our current course.

16. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,237
    Today I had an issue issue that involved the ECPD and they were professional and listened to both sides. I won't get into detail but the guy I had a dispute with threatened to f them up and cursed them out, and they kept there composure. Thank you and keep up the great work.