It’s because your not wearing shoes

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by 12incher, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Chknlyps2

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +899
    Name:
    Robbie
    And refer them to Fish & Game code 2009
    Codes Display Text

Here in the CA F&G Q&A section they give the first and second offense charges that may be imposed if convicted.
    Illegal to Interfere with Hunting and Fishing?

"Fish and Game Code Section 2009. (a) A person shall not willfully interfere with the participation of any individual in the lawful activity of shooting, hunting, fishing, falconry, or trapping at the location where that activity is taking place.

(b) A violation of this section is an infraction punishable by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500).

(c) If any person is convicted of a violation of this section and the offense occurred within two years of another separate violation of this section which resulted in a conviction, the violation is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment."

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,134
    Shoes? Sheesh! Howzabout something important....like pants?:emoji_thinking:

3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,550
    Ya.. I keep little business cards with me that have that information on it. The cards tend to pizz people off - espacially when I simply kick away chuckling to myself.

But since you brought 2009 into it the mix... to those of you that plan on using it, remember to stay put if you voice it to someone that's infringing on your right to fish. If you verbally blast someone with 2009 and you know you're in the right, be sure and do two things.. One, STAY PUT. And two, call SDPD or HPD (depending on who's jurisdiction you're fishing in - so know your jurisdictions). Point your finger DIRECTLY at whoever the offender is and tell him NOT to go anywhere because he's about to be confronted by uniformed officers. Just hearing anything related to police makes these azzhats err.. people walk or run away.. I've used 2009 on two occasions while fishing near boat docks. There's nothing like watching a boat owner get totally pizzed off, then quickly walk away to hide from police.:emoji_joy: And yes, I'll shout out.. "Hey, come back ! Where are you going? The police will want to talk to you !" Makes life worth living. These guys are walking away so fast you'd think they had the runs and they were looking for a toilet.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. bendopolo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +110
    You guys are lucky to still be able to fish barefoot. Up here in Orange County one of my spots is littered with hypodermic needles. They wash out of the river during the rains and slowly deposit themselves along the beach. I wear reef shoes now. It was really bad this spring, only find 2-5 a trip now. Don’t want to get stuck with some heroin addicts’ needle. I also found a 6 inch Rapala fillet knife last week stuck in the sand at low tide. Be safe my Southern brothers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,550
    We have our share of needles as well. But the only time anyone (local government politician or official) jumps on board to mention it is when a little kid gets bit by one of the needles while playing in a playground area. That way you see, the politician or official can get themselves some free local airtime on the evening news so that he or she can say things like "I voted to have these things cleaned up" or "Next time vote for me so I can keep up the good work of ensuring your communities are safe and free of used needles. Remember folks, a vote for me is a vote for a needle-free community." (is there a PUKING emoji anywhere?)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Bobber

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,535

I've never seen anyone removed for standing in a handicap area but I have seen them removed for being a drunk 6'3" 280lb man going ballistic on 5'5" female guard just doing her job.