IV work, mosquitoes and humidity 09.17/18.21

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by Werfless, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +59,662
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Brutal IV run. Mosquitoes were RELENTLESS. Humidity was downright nasty, wind was almost totally FLAT, adding to the problem. Pulled a few big ones out of the far north, but conditions were just ugly. Ah, yes, ADIP ... Kid says I ended with 33 for myself, if so, more than half mini/tilapia, bluegill and LMB at our first stop up north, four LMB, with three hooked messed up and legal, so into the cooler, though on the smaller side. Went around the corner, started pulling a couple decent channel cats (and a small FCF gut hooked, dang), and one tanker turtle (needed the line and a flipper grip to get it up the bank). About the time I gave up on that spot (still fishing well, but those conditions, ew), this truck rolls up. I give the typical "How you doing?" To which a lady I can barely see asks me about a ride. Oh no, I tell her, I am good, just out here fishing with my kid. She says no, give me a ride (I am confused, she rolls up in a nicer truck than I've ever owned). She gets out and I realize I am dealing with a scantily clad tweeker chick in the moonlight, no shoes either. No idea where she got the truck, probably found it in a yard out there, keys in it. Starts talking about me giving her a ride. I tell her "No, sorry chief, can't do it. Have my kid with me and I am headed out into the boonies even farther." Already made up my mind to call the cops and let em know. Get in and get ready to go, then the broad decides to jump in my back seat, WTF! Basically I forced her out of my car and locked the doors. Start pulling off and she is knocking at my windows. Peel out and gone. Called the cops, gave full description of tweeker, F series pump truck, location etc. One of the strangest things to ever happen to me out there. Guess all's well that ends well, yikes. Anyway, wandered down a different direction for a couple more for the cooler while I wound down, then went to an old camping spot in the southwest to relax and take a nap. Two dudes fishing down there to my surprise, they were cool and seemed shocked at what was in my coolers while we shot the bull. Rested a bit after that, woke up at three and caught a black carp. Back to take it easy and wait for the pre dawn bite that usually happens at that spot. Saw the sun peeking out and got started. Not two minutes in, first striper (should have started earlier), a minute later, another. Four bluegill, a couple small channels, decided to call it and toss the squarebill around on the BC. One bump (I think) and about it, while I waited for the kid to wake up. Caught another eater or two as we worked out way home. Camera girl whiffed an amazing chance at a short video with a two lb class channel, I get it, good footage isn't easy, would have been an incredible video though. Ah well, another amazing day in the valley, even if the Aedes mosquitoes were brutal. Downright ugly, not for the faint of heart for sure...
    Edit: species.. tilapia, largemouth, bluegill, channel cat, flathead, common carp, striper, spiny softshell... Eight species on rod n reel? In less than a day? I will take it
    Video:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/P1Zb0ImCcno?feature=share

IMG_20210917_175642.jpg

IMG_20210918_040550.jpg

IMG_20210918_060412.jpg

IMG_20210918_061416.jpg

IMG_20210917_183602.jpg

IMG_20210918_063342.jpg

IMG_20210918_132006.jpg

IMG_20210918_132041.jpg

2. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,272
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    Wow . Quite an experience for the valley . At least you were able to get her out of your car without injury . Some people never cease to make me wonder . Tight lines . WR

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Werfless

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +59,662
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Glad it worked out as well as it did. Asked the kid later, what has a worse odor, the new river or her... She said it was the lady... Damn

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. citruspirate

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,943
    Name:
    Michael/Mike
    might need to get that back seat detailed

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Werfless

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +59,662
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Already worked it over with some N alkyl compounds

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,503
    The one place you would think you could go to get away from people...

I'm surprised you went down there this time of the year. I have done enough dove hunting in the past to know the weather is brutal down there in September. I have been down there when it was 100 degrees out and raining.

7. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,684
    Scary, especially when kids are involved. Glad nothing bad happened.

8. Werfless

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +59,662
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Jenx .. this was NOWHERE. I mean nowhere. Crazy how far out there we were, really.
    Neuroshima , that was just wild. Kid was scared too...

9. fishnfreak

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,722
    Werfless,
    That's why after GOD created the earth, he created the second amendment, be careful around slab city, there are some Charlie Manson types up there. I'm sure glad you and daughter were ok.
    Joshua tree is another place to watch your back.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. Werfless

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +59,662
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    I was in the other corner, out in no man's land

11. Bayman1447

Bayman1447 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Name:
    Paul
    Tweekers scurge of the earth . Walking zombies

12. Werfless

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +59,662
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Yeah man... That was some crazy stuff, there. At least the fish were biting, lol

13. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,684
    Shoulda smacked her across the face with that turtle!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  14. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,106
    Boat:
    Yes
    That is a nice variety of fish Werfless !! Braving the heat and mosquitoes and some crazy lady!! Glad you got out of there before she went full crazy on you. Thanks for the report and pics. Never been out there....someday.

15. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,300
    My ex-girlfriend is just having a tough time without me....sorry she hassled you. She means well, but drugs sometimes makes her ugly. I moved on decades ago... :)
    Other than that Coach, great pics and fun post and always an adventure when you go to IV.

16. Werfless

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +59,662
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    It's a fun place, RamonaAngler . It has its' challenges, but there is one heck of a lot of fish out there. Hit me up before you go (if you ever do), the bass should be going to town next month if you wanted to make the run.

VinnyBass , it's one thing to teach a woman how to dress, but if you gave her any instructions about hygiene, she has done enough drugs to forget. Next time, try to make sure you get those lessons to sink in a little deeper, eh? Hahaha...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,106
    Boat:
    Yes
    I'll have to add it to my bucket list...of course, the older I get it seems more items fall of that list. :emoji_persevere:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Midnightpass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,552
    Always wanted to give that place a try, but now you have me worrying about not only weather, but mosquitos and other "critters"...... Glad you and your daughter made it out safe...
    Butch

19. Werfless

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +59,662
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Next month is the real good fishing... First time that's ever happened to me, or heard of it, lol. Likely the last. It's an incredibly fun place to go and fish

20. JV-Triton

JV-Triton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281
    What did you do with the turtle? I've caught quite a few of those up north in the CV and always chuck them back. I know they're invasive so do you just take em out for environmental reasons or do you eat em? I've always wanted a turtle shell hat haha and those *******s would make a good wide brim.

This one got snagged in the booty after chewing on my bait for a while then trying to walk away. Screenshot_20210921-210936.png