Joe Biden Claims There’s ‘Nothing Special About Being An American’

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by barepixels, Oct 18, 2020.

1. barepixels

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,738
    Name:
    John
    Boat:
    No access to one
    The unearthed remarks came towards the end of the candidate’s Vice Presidential tenure and were a part of his foreign policy-focused address to the school’s annual JFK Jr. Forum.

While retelling a story he shared with an individual in Kosovo, lecturing the man on the importance of living in unity, he insisted there was “nothing special about being an American”:

“You figure out how to live together like we do, or you will never, never never make it. America’s strength ultimately lies in its people. There’s nothing special about being an American.”

Directly after the brazen remark, Biden added that it was impossible to define “what an American is” before insisting the country shares no common “culture”:

“None of you can define for me what an American is. You can’t define it based on religion, ethnicity, race, culture.”

The sentiments expressed by Biden dovetail closely with the left-wing platitude that America is an idea as opposed to a country, a talking point that has also been echoed repeatedly by the Biden campaign.

It’s logical, therefore, for the candidate to call for an immigrant and refugee influx of over 75 million individuals – nearly a quarter increase in the population.

In the same speech, Biden also advanced an hour-long defense of his globalist approach to foreign policy, justifying the deployment of American troops to defend the sovereignty of other countries besides the U.S. and the benefit of costly, global alliances. ( a vote for Biden is a vote for more wars )

The former veep also referenced his notorious track record of having private meetings with Chinese Communist Party leader Xi Jinping, boasting of a five-hour dinner he had with the brutal dictator.

The story comes as Hunter Biden’s links with foreign firms with Joe Biden’s involvement comes to light.

Source and link to full speech at:
    WATCH: Joe Biden Claims There's 'Nothing Special About Being An American'

2. NibbleSquad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,521
    Yawn

3. barepixels

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,738
    Name:
    John
    Boat:
    No access to one
    Go back to sleep then. (Pun)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,917
    Why are you here on SDFISH? Honestly? Go find a political forum on a non fishing dedicated page. Regardless of how informative you may think you are, you're simply a copy and paste guy. Clogging up the new posts feed from guys that actually fish with this stuff. Yea, cool... we get it man. Give it a rest dude.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,407
    Along with the rest of the medicated headcase ****bags!!!!!!!!!

6. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,254
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Sounds like the definition of the Lounge, Mike! I remember years ago when the Site was in ownership flux, there was discussion of getting rid of the Lounge because it was garnering ill will and people were leaving the site. If taken too seriously it can do just that. It was gone for a time and then brought back. Can't remember why. The Lounge is not for everyone!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. NibbleSquad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,521
    I see it as a containment board. Keeps the political stuff off the main site. Just don't understand why it shows up on new posts. Kinda defeats the purpose

8. Calicokiller

Calicokiller Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278
    Name:
    Roberto
    Oh how cool! More useless info in the lounge! Thanks for nothing.

9. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,126
    This is not directed at you Paul. Just my thoughts.
    I think they should be a separate area called “Political Forum” or “The Cut and Paste Political area” or something like that and let all you guys go in there that want to post endless tons of political crap and all go at it. Its old and sickening every time you go to the lounge all it is a bunch of political BS!
    And hopefully nobody is gonna reply to me saying well... you don’t have to go in there... bla bla bla. Thats a bunch of crap!
    Can’t anyone think of some original stuff to put in there besides politics?
    Like there’s nothing else anybody does or wants to share? Hookemdano has a cool dog,.... share your pets. funny things that happened to you. Favorite songs of the 70s 80s 90s... favorite movies, actors, jokes, funniest fish story, etc., the list can be endless.....if you just open your minds.

#9 VinnyBass, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,917
    That argument is as old as my gramps deerskin condom. Yea, the lounge is for non fishing stuff. Got it. My complaint is that it floods the 'new posts' on the site, which is what about 99% of us go to talk about fishing. Im all for free speech, ball busting etc.

When you go to check out the new posts 95% of it is kindergarten memes from hookemdano, relentless regurgitation from barepixels, and a few others that fuel the BS. WE GET IT.

Paul, you cannot deny that this crap has become overwhelming on the site. Additionally, if the site was even REMOTELY run the way it was, these guys would all but be gone.

#10 Nute, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,917
    Coudn't have said it better Vin. These all might be cool cats, but blatantly flooding a page that is 100% fishing orientated is BS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,407
    A boating forum I frequent does just that. You dont see any of it. You actually have to go into the forum list. skroll through the forum categories & Click on lounge, answer the age security question, then youre in.
    When you hit new posts within the main forum you dont see any of the poli bs......
    Its non existent. Well that will just take the fun out of it for the crazies.......
    That being said spineless Kellen is nowhere to be found nor does he care!

13. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,237
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352

hey dont you have a fish report to "fact check" ? ****bag

14. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,254
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Been here a while and I don't know these "new posts" you speak of. Not exactly tech savvy. I just go down the Forums page.

Here is the frustration. Anything supportive of the President or negative of his opponent is being purposefully blacked out of the MSM and social media. Forums like the Lounge are available to level the playing field. My opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,237
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352

hey...dont you have a boat to take out without putting any gas in it?

and not even knowing what channel to put the vhf on ?

list the list goes on....

16. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,254
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Kellen could completely erase the entire site. Personally, I would not like that. The Lounge is not required reading nor is it a room that you must walk through to get to the fishing forums. It is entirely possible to completely ignore it. I will likely be doing just that after this is posted.

17. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +854
    obviously bare doesnt have a social life..never seen a fish report from him or dano.....i think creek chases bluegill? not sure but those 3 clowns DO NOT FISH....so the lounge is the escape for them...

18. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,917
    I doubt that is even close to being looked at on SDFISH. Leveling what playing field exactly? There's maybe 10 guys that actually read or take the time to go reply the crap those guys post. Additionally, it's met with the exact opposite of a productive dialogue. It's hookemdano posting a p#nis pacifier....pure class I tell ya. PURE CLASS.

19. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,254
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,917
    escape from what!? Do their lives honestly suck that bad that this is the only outlet for them? Again, it would be one thing to spark a constructive dialogue. All im seeing (on both sides mind you) are half cocked responses and posts. The lounge should not exist on this site, or any site that is 100% about fishing.

Better idea would be to meet in person. Ive done it more than a few times with cats from this site. Both guys I vibed with and guys I didn't. Both circumstances were enjoyable and beneficial.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List