Just another day

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by Fishtricks, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Fishtricks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,248
    So I'm fishing in my float tube in SD bay this morning. Out in front of Navy housing cove near that island. I've been fishing there since sun up about 4 hours. I'm fully aware that the navy is watching everything I do. I don't care, I've got nothing to hide.

There's 3 jet skis that periodically terrorize me and the cove, then one dude gets off on the island(nature reserve) and hes peeing and drinking and making videos of himself, his buddies show up and they're raising hell and making vids.

Sure enough, the MPs show up in a naval guard boat and kick everybody out of the area. Including me. I know the bay game well, when the MPs say leave, you leave. I said, OK and started kicking they followed me and told me to leave again. I said, "I'm leaving as fast as I can." They said thank you, and continued to follow me.

Some upper brass dude in a tower with binoculars is watching and getting pissed because I'm moving too slow and I'm still throwing lures. None of theses people knows what a float tube. They thinks its a kayak. They think I can be gone immediately. He thinks I'm blowing off the guards.

I eventually make it to shore and hike back about 1/4 mile to my car. There's some MPs hanging out. Again, I don't care, cause I' haven't done anything wrong. She watches me load my gear and start to drive away and I see she is walking toward me so I stop. Suddenly more MPs roll in, I'm thrown up against my car and handcuffed.

I was told that the big navy cheese up in the tower is pissed because I continued to fish (in my kayak) after being ordered to leave. I was informed by the MPs, who were actually kinda cool, that he was the one determined to give me a ticket. Problem is, they had nothing to give me a ticket for.

He tried trespassing on military base, Nope not even close. He tried trespassing where I enter the bay, cops went down and took a video of where I entered the bay and said, Nope there is no fence, so there's no trespassing. He said, "get him on a fishing violation" nope I didn't break any laws. He said,, "get him for fishing near the nature reserve. The MP called fish and game and F&G said, Nope. They even had Coronado police give me the third degree, but they didn't have anything on me either. They looked in my car, Nope.

2 hours later they took the cuffs off and let me go. The angry dude in charged made the MPs give me a trespassing ticket anyway, but all 3 cops told me it would be thrown out in court.

Good times

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +58,428
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Sounds like the typical, to me... There are reasons I fish where I fish... Glad the ticket will get tossed though

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Isaacuribe

Isaacuribe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121
    Name:
    Isaac uribe
    wow was this just right now thats is just crazy i hope you win in court because i know that you did nothing to try to cause problems

4. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +58,428
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Typical power trip navy behavior there.. I often use the homeless people to keep the man away from me

5. Fishtricks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,248
    As long as i get to go home, that's all I care about.

There was a sweet topwater bite all around the southern island jetty all day too, plus spinnerbait sbb in the grass. Go get em'

6. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,969
    Around the island in the image below? Where did you launch from? I thought the area around there was all fenced off. If they really don't want people there then they should mark it with lots of signed buoys.The Navy does have legally recognized security zones but if they don't mark them, then I don't think they have a case against you.
    san diego naval security zone 33 CFR § 165 - Google Search

upload_2021-6-12_15-12-56.png

7. Fishtricks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,248
    Almost forgot, the tw bite only works if you're singing Wichita lineman while you walk the dog.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. David J. Davey

David J. Davey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85

9. David J. Davey

David J. Davey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Typical government overreach!

10. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,850
    Dayuum….. that really sucks.

11. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,303
    ddddrrraaaaammmmmaaa.........

12. myahk

myahk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    ~and the short fin corvina~~is still on my liiinnnee~

13. Fishtricks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,248
    ^ LOL

14. Tunakillerjoe1

Tunakillerjoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186
    Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    Valco Westcoaster
    Sorry to hear the man's fishing expo. came up short. Just be careful going to court on it. Sorry to hear the jet skis screwed it for your day.