Just got a fishcat 4 ...maiden voyage?

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by anthony92, Apr 10, 2018.

1. anthony92

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +447
    Got a nice deal off craigslist going to take her out tomorrow. Was thinking Miramar since it’s close to home but open to suggestions.

Also I have neoprene waders no boot can I put the flippers directly on them or should I have something in between the back of my ankle and the flipper strap?

2. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,723
    Boat:
    It floats
    what kind of flippers? one with laces or snorkling/dive fins? Boots for the first, no boots needed for the second

3. anthony92

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +447
    There just rubber no laces with a rubber back strap so my heel is exposed

4. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,645
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    You just want them snug enough that they don't come off. Do they float? If not you might want to get some leashes.

5. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,291
    Get good at learning how to pee from the tube and you’re set. Miramar is tough but a great place to start since it’s small and you don’t have to worry about private boaters that can potentially run you over. The walkers/joggers make it extremely difficult to relieve yourself unless you’re next to a shoreline with a por-to-potty. Get used to turning. You probably won’t get a lot of hooksetting practice but fishing bottom contact techniques is unmatched from the tube. Good luck and hope to see lots of future reports from you.

6. Capt Ray

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,111
    Name:
    Ray
    Is Miramar closed to private boaters? I fished it two weeks ago for the first time and I thought the lack of private boats was due to the launch ramp being closed.

7. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,291
    You are correct, they only close the ramp when the water is too low to launch. However it’s such a small lake with low MPH speed limit that you don’t have to worry about getting run over.

8. anthony92

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +447
    Was on the tube for an hour and a half no bites. But ******** it was a workout going back in that wind was somthing serious....i have tomorrow off so where should i try?

9. anthony92

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +447
    Oh almost **** myself hit a stick under water with my flipper and thought a gator was grabbing me.....florida native lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List