LA JOLLA YELLOWTAIL 9-12-19 ANOTHER CATCH & RELEASE

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by FISH, Sep 12, 2019.

1. FISH

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +555
    Been trying to do this once or more times per week, last Thursday I ended up loosing one in heavy kelp in 49' of water after cutting through a lot off kelp and pulling too hard while trying to get it out of the loose kelp pile. Had the fluorocarbon leader break right at the knot to the hook. So yesterday while loading up for the trip I changed all the leaders and re-tied every line connection to hooks and swivels on all my set ups. Today ended hooking up in deeper water on the outside the heavy kelp and had more space to let it run and peel drag on the Avet. Man I just love the sound of that braid and drag singing. Took the GoPro video and gave it a good luck, goodbye kiss. Hope to see it again when it's bigger.

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40,388
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many