Labels

Discussion in 'Rod Building & Repair' started by natgeo211, Jan 20, 2022.

1. natgeo211

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +483
    Name:
    Nathan A Winicki
    I’ve started making custom rods for friends and because my handwriting is hopelessly bad, I’ve been ordering nicely printed labels off mudhole. The issue is, after shipping and everything each one of these labels are almost 10 dollars each which makes applying them EXTREMELY stressful. Do you guys have any recommendations on which label machine or tape to buy so I can print my own? I can’t stand paying this much for something that I know I can do myself.

2. THunter

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +166
    Are you labeling each rod with the customer name? If not, bulk buy your custom labels. An order of 20+ is $2.95 per label plus shipping on the bulk order, not one at a time.

No experience labeling rods, so beyond buying a label maker for $20-$30 and making a go of it, can't rec anything.

3. xman

xman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145
    I use decalconnection.com for rod decals. Only $4.99 per decal. Plus they have lots of fonts available and free shipping.

4. natgeo211

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +483
    Name:
    Nathan A Winicki
    So it turns out you can buy decal paper to put into your inkjet printer and make whatever kind of labels you want. Acidrod.com has these water-slide sheets that look great. I’m gonna give it a try!!

5. skrilla

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,334
    I use a Brother P-touch if someone insists on having specs printed. You get a few options for fonts as well as colors with their TZe tapes. Very budget friendly and the tape cartridges last a long time.

You could also step it up to a label printer from LRTgroup. Your options open up here with the ability to print images from your smart device via Bluetooth.

Both labels printed from Brother and LRTgroup need 2-3 coats of your favorite sealer ( hard as nails, fast dry clear nail polish ). Also a good burnishing or rolling helps get rid of bubbles and the hazyness from the adhesive.

Otherwise if you want metallics or quality like from Decal Connection you might have to drop a couple thousand on a unit from Roland and the likes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  6. natgeo211

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +483
    Name:
    Nathan A Winicki
    Awesome thank you so much

7. K-Bo Smack

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,428
    Name:
    Keath
    Boat:
    Stealth ProFisha 525
    I just roll w/ decal connection. Great service and you get exactly what you want (I send them scaled native Adobe Illustrator files) in a couple days.

8. natgeo211

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +483
    Name:
    Nathan A Winicki
    Checking them out now.. thanks!