Lame

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Austin, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +222
    Boat:
    yes
    Let this be a warning to any that do business in the classified section. I recently posted a Calais 100A in the classifieds. A certain person on these boards expressed interest and a date was set for a meeting. The first meeting fell thru and another was set up at Lake Murry. This person showed up and actually wanted to fish with the reel. No prob. He decides he wants the reel and we do a deal for another reel and a 100 bucks. This is were I goofed and took a check. I didnt want the other reel but knew I could get rid of it fast. Here is were it get amusing he calls the next night and says he has had a change of hart and wants his reel back. Well I am not Walmart and a deal is a deal beside I had already made a deal with the other reel. So after he threatens me twice through text messages he lets me know he is stopping payment on the check. Pretty chicken ****.
    I have bought, sold, traded, and given away alot of stuff to members here and on other boards and never have I had a problem like this. Lets call it a 100 dollar lesson for me and maybe Karma will get him in the end. Just wanted to warn people, just because they are a friend of a friend or you think you know some one be careful who you deal with.

2. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    Thanks for the warning. Trust me, he probably found out that he didn't have the money for the reel anyway. Stuff like this will catch up to him. Your lesson though is now a lesson for all of us.

Thanks again.

3. crawdadguy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +635
    That would suck...what a waste of time...I have a no game policy and don't want to be bartered with when we meet soory man

4. TATTED JONNY

TATTED JONNY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That does suck especially since dude fished with it! This person fished with it, agreed to the deal, then stops payment on the check?? You are a bigger dude than me. What would have happened if you agreed to let him use it first and then they dropped it? Sounds like you went out of your way to make this person happy. I hope you get your loot back bro....Let this be a lesson that anyone can get shwagged at any time...sucks though.

TJ

5. Hook1fred

Hook1fred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Boat:
    Red Ranger
    BS.....thats sucks man

6. Holy Mackerel

Holy Mackerel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who is it? Time to call this person out! Also, who writes checks for stuff. esp for just $100? LOL

Sorry this happened Austin!

7. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    Public lashings man. If he's someone who posts in here and he did this to you, then he needs to be corrected.;) I'm kidding, but maybe if he is reading this post now, he'll see that many of us do not agree with what he did and maybe he too will learn from what he did.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I was sort of in the same position. Some one arranged to meet me at lake murray to buy my curado 100d. they told me that they would meet me on sunday. that was canceled, i was told we would meet wednesday witch is today. that also was canceled. He told me he would meet me this sunday coming up. I hope he doesnt fall off.

9. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    Take along some gear so that if he doesn't show, then the time wasn't waisted.

10. Austin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +222
    Boat:
    yes
    Chris you would be suprised who it is. He post on these boards.

11. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    My guess is that who ever did this to you is not feeling too well right now knowing that we are all talking about how messed up this is that he did this.

Dude, if you are reading this, do you have a reason for what you did? Come on, it's better to be truthful than to lie. I'm sure if you explain the reasons I'm sure we can forgive you.

Was that a little too over the top to ask?

12. rpnick

rpnick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Jimmy on this one, fess up whoever you are. Screwing someone on a deal on the board is bad for all of us here that trade. I think Austin's playing it right by not naming the culprit at this time, but if he doesn't respond/explain, I think it's time to provide a name (seen it on another board). That way the rest of us can trade with confidence. And to the perpetrator: Threats? That's BS. Arrange a meeting to pay cash, or send a GOOD check. Especially the way this deal went down (trying before you bought, trading another reel, and having a guy accept a check instead of asking for cash) you are 100% in the WRONG!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

13. Fishtricks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,922
    I hate checks.

When folks want to buy lures from me with a check, I warn them; You have to wait till the check clears and that could be a month or two.

I don't hang out at banks or check cashing places, and I'm not making a special trip to cash the IOU that you insisted on giving me IF it even has cash behind it.

I prefer to deal in cash, Paypal, creditcards, and postal money orders.

Some people(not gonna mention any names) :whistle: give me checks for boat gas. Am/pm doesn't accept your checks from me.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    not defending any on here... but giving a name wouldn't change anything other then your opinion on the person. Austin is still going to be left with a blank check.

15. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +45
    what a kook,seriously how old is this chump? reminds back in 1st grade

16. pucker

pucker Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck with that....Its unfortunate that people, more importantly fellow fishermen, took advantage of you

17. TATTED JONNY

TATTED JONNY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MBA wouldn't you want a heads up when conducting business on this site?? Just cause Austin got screwed with a blank check doesn't mean anyone else has to. It might prevent other members(including yourself) from losing money to this person. Just a thought yo...

TJ

18. junya

junya Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5
    If you post the name, make dam sure you have your ducks in line or you become the village idiot :( If that person is really dishonest you need to post the name to protect us from crooks like that :angry: C.I.F is the best method of payment for both parties :)

19. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    I just met up to buy something from a member on this board and paid cash, how hard was that to do? It wasn't hard at all. I think it just shows how chicken this dude is not to come out and apologize.

To make threats on a deal that the dude initiated, now that's stupid.

I think it's safe to say that this dude isn't going to come out and make things right. Be careful with who you buy from, I hate to say that, but I guess it has to be said.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jonny if Austin gives the guy's name out, he will probably become more angry and furthermore continue to cancel the check.