Last Chance Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Barrett Reports' started by JWall, Sep 25, 2019.

1. JWall

JWall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77
    10EA4AB3-9451-4E10-8128-A1E18A99380F.jpeg 4C54C11D-6FE4-4DED-85CE-6CE4653EDB65.jpeg Got out with son for last chance at Barrett this year. Had a hot start in Hauser on the swimming minnow but after 5 and 3 each after only 30 minutes, the day turned into a grind for us. Ended with 19 and 14 each, nothing over 3lbs. Also 3 bluegill and two big crappie that bit our smaller plastics. The kid got quite a few throwing a rattletrap bait on a lark. Weather was beautiful, albeit a little windy mid day. And kuddos to the staff for letting the full day crews stay til almost dark. Can’t wait til 2020 already!

2. kriptiks

kriptiks Active Member

Ratings:
    +20
    thanks for the post. im heading out there on sunday for my last chance. couple questions, do you happen to know what time the gate has been opening lately? when i went earlier in the season it opened aroudn 4 but i dont think they will be doing that still. maybe though... also, how far back into hauser were you? im thinking of starting way in the back then hitting the main lake pretty early

3. JWall

JWall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77
    The last two times this year the gate was open very early with nobody checking in until you got to dock. Yesterday different, maybe because of the crowd. There were 18 boats rented at least. We got to the gate around 5:15 and most had already arrived. I bet they opened it at least by 4:30. We started on a west side point in Hauser just before you get to the far back bay. Good luck!!

4. rockzilla

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +591
    Laurie opened gate around 445am yesterday.

5. kriptiks

kriptiks Active Member

Ratings:
    +20
    thank you! ill be there nice and early with my headlamp