Last Dance

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by Fins in the Bin, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    IMG_0862.jpg
    Last Dance to you Silverton 50C but the next boat will be in my future soon....
    I've always owned some kind of boat (even after I swore never again) so I'm sure the next one will be soon, just probably a lot smaller and closer to the waterline, thanks Covid!
    Just did the haul out, sea trial (got her up to 29 knts) and everything looked great so escrow should close next week. Saddest and happiest day is next on the list.
    I really didn't fish it much this year or last, I mostly just fish the 12' Rib that came with it, since I like to fish only about 2-3 hours and alone. It was never intended to be my "fishing" boat but I negotiated well with the wife that I wouldn't buy her anything that big unless it also could fish. I actually also purchased it to see if I could convince her to sell the house and live on a boat as we get older but that didn't work out either for HER!
    I'm going to use the logic when you lose a good dog and you have to buy another one to feel better, so out with the Great Dane and hello min pin!

2. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,933
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Nice boat! Must be sad to hand the keys over... Whatcha thinking for your next one?

3. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    I'm thinking 20-26 foot Center Counsel with at least 100 gallon tank hopefully a little more. Its a little sad but like I mentioned it isn't really practical for me and no matter what boat I have, I'm always looking at others so its still exciting to learn a new one. They are all fun when you use them in the right conditions. I probably could have minimized my clutter and lived on that, but the wife says she needs feet on land still. Do you have a boat addiction too?

4. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,933
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Admittedly, I do... Been boating ever since I was a young kid. I feel fortunate to live in the SD area where we can go boatin' year round. Love going to the boat shows, etc. At this stage of my life the Montauk suits me just fine. Maybe someday I'll get something with a little more displacement, etc.

Side note -- recently we had to put down our yellow Lab of 14 yrs. I can relate to what you're saying... Mixed feelings of sadness and excitement when looking for a new member of the family.

5. kyle12345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,046
    Name:
    Kyle
    Sorry to hear that, never easy to lose a pet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    I saw a 20’ Dauntless that I like but they only have a 63 gallon tank and I love those late season yellowfin that’ hang down by the hidden bank year after year. I really like those Montauks too