Late MP Report For DMorgan3

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by Creek, Nov 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,675
    Got the go-ahead from the missus to spend a couple of hours at MP last Saturday. Ya, I know.. the tide was all wrong and there were to be alot of folks all over the place being a weekend and all. Well the tide being a disaster was true enough. But surprisingly, there were few people to be found - just some dude taking pictures while walking the sand. I know he had me in his frame, so I took one of him, too.

mp.JPG
    dude.JPG

Water temp was 64. Overcast a bit. Water was fairly calm. I headed for the Calico Nursery. Only touched two fish (pics for DM3 as proof so that I can continue commenting in the Lounge). Missed a few other tugs and lost one in the weeds in about 10' of water.

spot.JPG

cali.JPG

Thats pretty much it. I'll do my best do get a report written after each outing - if for no other reason than to please our Wiki-pal, DM3.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Easy619

Easy619 Tug Addict
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,331
    Name:
    Eric
    Honestly, I love your pettiness in posting reports in response to Lounge hate. Fish on brotha!

3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,675
    I just had no idea that it was a requirement to post (prove) that I actually do fish. But I aim to please - even DM3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,088
    Can you get Lyin' Dano to fish? Maybe some fishing would make him a bit less evil and less dishonest? Maybe he would even stop trying to discourage people from getting vaccinated (even though being vaccinated himself).

Or is that too much to ask for?

5. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +60,776
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    When was your last report? Just curious. Pretty sad if your targets fish more than you do..

6. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,088
    I don't report outings that much but I do offer fishing advice often. But I will give a report below anyhow (not fly fishing):

Went last Saturday in my float tube, launched from Bayside at 6:30 am finished about 1 pm. Got 36 spotted bay bass, only 1 was legal or close to it. Considerably better than a few weeks ago when I only got 4 from the same area; the bite is picking up and should improve as the water gets colder. Had some corvina blowups on a bone Zara Puppy but no hook ups, all in early morning. Most fish were caught in 6-8' of water dragging weedless soft plastics on the bottom. My Zara Puppy must have fallen over board after I took it off the line but I got 2 new ones today from TW plus some replacement trebles. I did try out my Shimano BFS reel on a crappie rod, got a few on that too with 1/8 ounce jigheads but can't say it was any more effective than using 1/4 ounce jigheads and larger plastics. As usual, mostly used curly tail grubs as they work as well or better than any other soft plastics.

In addition to the Zara Puppy, next time out I will be trying a topwater grub and a floating worm rig to see if that works. I like to try something new each time I go out; that is how one gets better. I am almost always a lure fisherman. I have a flyrod but I find spinning or baitcasting gear to be more productive so that is what I use.

Saw a considerable amount of dead grass in the water, that made it harder to fish topwater and was partly the reason for fishing weedless plastics (plus they work better in the grass anyhow). Not much tide swing.

One of my Force Fins got a fatigue crack outing before last, I repaired it by bonding some G10 board with golf club (semiflexible, high strength) epoxy to it. It held up during the outing. I just got some replacement fins, went with Outcast Powerkick fins, will see how those do on the next outing.

Anyone who wants to fish with me, send a PM and I will let you know where to meet. Werfless: get a tube, you won't regret it. Will probably go this Saturday, nice tide swing predicted. Not dead set on the bay, could also fish the tules at one of the local lakes.

FYI, in case you didn't guess, I am not one of those laid back slackers who says they have a good time even when they don't catch anything.

Love looking at other peoples pics but won't usually take them myself. I am on the water to fish, not to take photos.

7. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +60,776
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    No tubes yaks or boats for me.. too hard on my back, near as I know. Looking into the SUP thing, so far not promising. I have caught plenty of fish the last couple weeks anyway, happy to say... A couple gophers too

IMG_20211016_092322.jpg

IMG_20211021_182700.jpg

IMG_20211024_120052.jpg

IMG_20211024_121328.jpg

IMG_20211024_122359.jpg

IMG_20211024_125427.jpg

IMG_20211030_064243.jpg

IMG_20211102_102030.jpg

8. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,088
    Back problems can be brutal. I have found this to be helpful: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0987650408/?tag=sd07e-20 . Some people swear by the roller. I find that if I pay strict attention to posture when sitting, I don't have problems. But everyone is different.

Gophers must be good bait for something. Catfish?

9. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    UncDales_Marlin Sept 2020.jpg

velcro shoe.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,840
  11. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    and...I doubt it will be the last time

12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,675
    Dano is a big boy and he's definitely your problem, not mine. I like the guy. He's honest about his feelings, doesnt fear anyone's BS - especially the BS of any liberal, and he doesnt hide. Far cry for some on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,675
    I dont even know what to say anymore.
    buford.jpg

14. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,675
    Well, at least you didnt throw in another BS Wiki link. (hey, its my thread - I can pretty much add anything I want).

15. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,675
    I agree. But we've all seen the same Wiki links before too and no one seems too concerned about that. Moving on...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  16. Bass Kid

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,062
    Ive fished the floating worm for no bites, but maybe i just fished it where the fish werent at??

17. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,088
    My motivation for fishing it is that there was a lot of floating grass in the water and I want a weedless topwater that the corvina would go for. A frog is probably too big of a bait for a corvina. Don't know if it will work or not but I am going to give it a try. I plan on working it similar to the Zara Puppy lure to get that walk the dog motion.

18. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,088
    Speaking of links you must hate, this must be one of them:

Quote by Daniel Patrick Moynihan: “You are entitled to your opinion. But you are n...”

You have never once provided any evidence that anything I posted was untrue. Outsourced all your thinking to Fox News so you don't know how to do that? Or simply can't find anything non-factual in my posts? Certainly it isn't that you don't have enough time seeing how often you post.

For all the disparaging you do of Wikikpedia, you still haven't found anything I have posted from Wikipedia that is incorrect. Ad hominem attacks convince idiots though.

Ad Hominem

Is a "BS Wiki link" simply your name for a link that you don't like and can't disprove?

19. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,088
    Should be Wikipedia (spelling).

20. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,357
    Name:
    Larry M
    Along with his dog Scoot.