Launching PA14

Discussion in 'Kayak and Paddle Board Fishing' started by coyote drop, Dec 3, 2019.

1. coyote drop

coyote drop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128
    I would like to launch my PA14 at tidelands Park I have the cart with the hard wheels will that be a problem.
    I have never been there so not sure how much sand I need to go through and I'm getting old...lol

Richard

2. Double Minor

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,078
    I am over 50 and have the PA12 with the same hard wheels. I like to park next to the skate park. I have multiple launches from the left hand side of the beach and usually exit the same area if not crowded. It is a basketball court more or less from water to sand depending on the tide. A very fishy area for sure, good luck!

3. coyote drop

Ratings:
    +128
    Thank you for that info that will help me a lot, now I just need to get down there.

4. F1$H

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +564
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo 13
    You can pull right up to the water if you have a 4WD car. If not you can still get pretty close.

5. Double Minor

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,078
    If you can make it down on the 7th, there is a HOW event.

6. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,924
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    Boat:
    17.5 Western Wide CC
    Planned on being at the event as a volunteer , wonder if contamination will be a factor as it was month before last ? WR

7. coyote drop

Ratings:
    +128
    I would love to do that, but just can't make it.

8. coyote drop

Ratings:
    +128
    I haven't seen 50 for 23 years...lol I wish I was 50 things seemed a lot easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Double Minor

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,078
    The last time I thought I was going to turn 50, my wife reminded me that was a couple years ago. I just hope I can remember how to fish if I live past 70. If I can haul around a PA14 at that age, that would be a bonus.

Let me know when you want to go down to Tidelands and I will do my best to help you out. There are easier launches at GB or PP as well. Either way good luck out there!

10. coyote drop

Ratings:
    +128
    20191207_101253.jpg
    Well the trick to staying healthy is not to get to fat..lol and staying away from injuries not sure how many more years I can do that I'm learning some tricks to moving that PA around. I built a cart so when I get home from fishing all day I just roll the cart up to the tail gate and pull the PA onto it very easy. I also launch it with the wheels still on and then remove after I'm on my way so I don't have to unload everything to put it on it's side it works really good.

#10 coyote drop, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019