legalization is for the rich...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by old_rookie, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RolloTomasi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,566
    Boat:
    Nice tube cheap yak
    Now they have iPads.

2. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,456
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    They even got it on apps for the Apple Watches.

3. Ram-Rod

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,813

#103 Ram-Rod, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,547
    Shots fired...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,456
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    The way you related that was awful, goes to say how well you are educated on methamphetamine.

For starters, I physically can't get high from the tablet I take, and in particular I use an amphetamine, which is derived from methamphetamine.

The form of meth that you are referring to, is BANNED from medical usage. Granted when you look up Meth you find methamphetamine, but the pill that is prescribed by doctors is a derivative. It's still a form of meth, but it's not the same pill the SS was providing soldiers to give them a high and give them better performance by increasing their adrenaline and heart rate. It's not the same pill that harms thousands of people a year. Also, from what I understand for every 16,000 times the pill is consumed, only 1 of those pills was taken through a legal prescription.

Do actual research before calling someone out, it proves how public education has failed to educate students on narcotic related issues while those who've sought an education have...

Don't respond to this either, if you want some books and websites to full educate yourself I'll be more then glad to provide them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Ram-Rod

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,813

#106 Ram-Rod, Jan 15, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,456
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    This is why I said to do research.

Amphetamine is still methamphetamine, it just has a different chemical layout. From what I understand it's basically optimized to raise a few select chemicals more efficiently. I still wont get high with it because the chemicals that it influences in my brain return to normal levels, and even with significantly larger doses my brain still doesn't process it the same.

Seriously though, read up a bit before responding with out of the azz questions.

8. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,791
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    I've got terrible ADD to the point where I go on SDFish and watch YouTube videos for hours while thinking about doing the endless amount of homework due the next day. I can spend a whole weekend stressing my *** off about work that I could have gotten done Friday night if I wanted to. Basically for me, it causes extreme procrastination and loss of motivation.

A few years ago, I was prescribed adderal. I would take small amounts everyday to try and stimulate my motivation. That lasted about 3 days because the extremely high blood pressure and the jitteriness made me feel like I was going to die. It didn't make me high though. I still have that bottle from 3 years ago, and I only use it if I absolutely need it.

Last year, before finals, I decided I really needed to pull an all nighter, took an addy, then supplemented it with a Red Bull or 5. Needless to say, I was making dozens of Quizlets, I wrote a few theology essays just for the heck of it, I made PowerPoints on each unit for each class for that semester, and I ended up pulling 4 all nighters in a row without any naps in between. Needless to say, I got an A on all but one final and I felt like I was going to die of a heart attack or freeze into an ice cube the entire time. Not sure how adderal could be fun, exciting, or addicting to some people because I feel absolutely no urge to do that again unless I find myself watching fishing videos the night before finals.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,456
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    Dude, I know that pain to well.

Also aderall gives people the “limitless” feeling, not the same high as a methempheatmine. I know a lot of kids who will double dose it for two week before finals, pretty hardcore.

I use concerta, I found the after affects are no where near as intense. Only issue I have with it now is the diet suppression, and I’m talking like not being able to eat all day, and then at like 8:30 going apeshyt for food. These days I force myself to eat breakfast and lunch to stay in shape for baseball. I also take the pill three days I advance before the school starts so I don’t feel an overbearing amount anxiety at school.

10. ScubaLee03

ScubaLee03 Real Estate Broker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,080
    Sweet info on the meth and chemistry grouping. Never imagined learning about that on here. Definitely a part of what makes this such a great website.

Speaking of Aderall...remembered a kid named Sloan Sizemore taking that before tests back in the late 90s early 2000s...felt like it was legalized cheating or something.

Always had interest about trying it to boost my grades but never had the chance..., lol

11. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,405
    Mountain Dew got me through college!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,176
    Per my "real" job as of today.....
    So if you smoke on Friday night & get tested almost a week later Thursday, even though you havent smoked since...
    You CAN loose your job...

"Since January 1st, there’s been a lot of publicity about recreational marijuana now being legal in California. However, many people seem to have the mistaken belief that they cannot be terminated or refused a job for smoking marijuana (since it’s legal). This is wrong. The new law does not change a California employers’ ability to maintain and enforce drug-free workplace and drug testing policies that make a positive test for marijuana a terminable offense. ##### Group’s Alcohol and Drug Policy remains in place.

To clarify, the new law does not:

• Restrict the obligations of employers to maintain a drug and alcohol-free workplace;

• Require an employer to permit or accommodate the use, consumption, possession, transfer, display, transportation, sale, or growth of marijuana in the workplace; or,

• Affect the ability of employers to have policies prohibiting the use of marijuana by employees and prospective employees.

##### Group continues to maintain and enforce drug-free workplace policies and drug testing policies. Please do not place your job in jeopardy by violating the Company’s Alcohol and Drug Policy."

Please contact HR if you have any questions

#112 Slater, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Fomen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,944

"Pure B.S.. everyone who used hard drugs consumed milk, does that mean milk is a gateway drug"

This is a ridiculous comparison. RIDICULOUS! Everyone who uses hard drugs also goes pee. Maybe the feeling of peeing in the real gateway drug. Oh..... They also breathe. Maybe it's breathing. You're comparison is outlandish and outright LAME!

"Most marijuana users never go on to harder drugs."

Where did you get this information? Please attach the link/source so I can be educated. Funny how every addict in recovery says otherwise. Oh, and there are LOTS of people in inpatient and outpatient treatment programs that are admitted SPECIFICALLY for addiction to marijuana- not designer drugs. How do you explain this? You should go to a NA meeting sometime and tell the members in there who have lost everything that marijuana isn't harmful or addictive. Tell them it's not the gateway drug. See how they respond.

"Trying to claim marijuana is a gateway drug is ridiculous. Most drug users start with sneeking there parents booze. Most people who go on to use hard drugs need to blame something other then there lack of control. So they blame pot, and all those around them encourage that."

Sounds like you've researched the patterns of drug abuse and the negative behavior modifications associated with addiction. Where did you get your certification or credentialing, and what sources did you study? The reason I ask is because you make this statement as an "absolute". And since the research and development into substance abuse predates your birth, you're either spewing an emotional banter to justify your own using, or your conclusion was derived from a non-biased, credible source for research in the field of addiction. Chances are, you didn't personally perform any research or tests in a controlled environment, so by default I shall lean to the other option.

I've interacted with LOTS of hard core drug addicts. I've never heard them "blame" pot for their drug use. That's circular reasoning. They had to try it before they got addicted. That's like blaming the gun manufacturer AFTER you murder someone. Addicts in recovery are very good about owning their part.

"The only way marijuana can be linked to being a gateway drug is that it was illegal and to get it you would come in contact with dealers pushing harder drugs."

It took me a minute to dissect your statement and figure out the point you were trying to make. The way I'm interpreting what you're trying to communicate (based off of what you just said) would be if you weren't using marijuana in the first place, then exposure to dealers pushing harder drugs would be nonexistent. If what you're saying is true, then legalization of marijuana has eliminated the need for the sketchy "back alley" drug deals with creepy dealers pushing harder drugs onto the poor guy or girl that just wants to enjoy a little marijuana. If what you're saying is true, then we should see a DECREASE in usage of designer drugs over the next few years- right? No more creepy dealers = no more pushing the hard stuff.

"If the guy at the liquor store was pushing cocaine on people every time they bought a bottle there would be more cocaine addicts"

I agree. Again, what's your point? Guys at liquor stores don't sell cocaine, so the analogy is irrelevant and non-applicable. When I take this statement in conjunction with the statement you made just before it, I'm almost certain that you're saying it's the fault of the dealer and not the user. But you can't possibly be saying that, because you yourself said that Most people who go on to use hard drugs need to blame something other then there lack of control. This would imply that only the hard core drug users lack control and feel the need to "blame". The recreational pot user is in complete control, thus they need not point fingers or blame anyone. But you yourself are blaming the dirty dealers for interweaving the "stigma" of marijuana being the "gateway drug". Almost sounds like a contradiction.

https://www.livescience.com/24553-what-is-thc.html

Here's an article on the effects of marijuana on the body (short term and long term). It's from a non-biased, scientific, research development team. Oh, it took me all of 30 seconds to find this on Google. And there are 1000's more from unrelated sources all saying the same thing. But I guess all those PHD scientists, MD's, and Psychologists are just idiots with evil agendas to shut down the marijuana industry. It's all just a lie right?

Tell you what..... I challenge you to prove me wrong. I challenge you to find a conclusive, NON BIASED article, research paper, or write-up scientifically refuting the information in the article I just provided for your reading enjoyment. Non biased meaning- not an article written into the San Diego Reader by your "bud-tender" at Apothakare, or a contributor writing columns in "High Times" magazine. And conclusive, meaning there was short and long term testing done on control subjects. Make sure it's a valid researcher with a doctorate in medicine, neuroscience, or psychology. If you can come up with the aforementioned information, I will tell you that you are right, and I am wrong.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,547
    Man...we get it..you know a lot about drugs...I’m sorry you may have an addictive personality...but I don’t...so do what you want and I’ll do the same...I’ve seen first hand what hard drugs do...that was enough for me to avoid getting mixed up in it...I don’t need a lab to conduct a test when I can see what’s going on in real life...most weed smokers I know will never be crackheads...most crackheads I know started with alcohol...weed to them isn’t even a drug..it doesn’t count...as far as health benefits..ehhh...probably not a good thing to inhale smoke...also probably not a good thing to inhale pizza or soda or double doubles but those aren’t going anywhere...there’s no way you can convince me that marijuana is a gateway drug...it’s only a gateway for people who were gonna be crackheads anyway..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Fomen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,944
    You know crackheads???

16. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,547
    Yes

17. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,456
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    OooOoh, knowing a bit of background info here this is turning interesting.

18. Ram-Rod

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,813

#118 Ram-Rod, Jan 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,547
    Munchies

20. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,242
    Wow, another load of B.S. and absolutely no facts. You linked one study. Do you know to get permission to study the marijuana, you have to get a permit from the feds, they have only allowed the studies that were looking to portray marijuana in a negative light. If ypu wanted to prove maijuana was not a gateway drug the feds would not issue you a permit. If you wanted to prove it was a gateway drug they would issue a permit. Just now are they starting to allow unbiased research. Now to break down this load of garbage you call fact.

"Most marijuana users never go on to harder drugs."

"These findings are consistent with the idea of marijuana as a "gateway drug." However, the majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, "harder" substances. Also, cross-sensitization is not unique to marijuana. Alcohol and nicotine also prime the brain for a heightened response to other drugs52 and are, like marijuana, also typically used before a person progresses to other, more harmful substances."https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug

Also most in treatment for marijuana are there by court order or at employers request. They got caught with pot or failed a piss test and there boss gave them a choice. Only a small percentage are there because there life is in shambles.
    You keep pushing the long debunked gateway theory, as if it is fact. You are aware that poverty puts you at a higher risk of using harder drugs then marijuana, your social background also plays a huge role. Certain mental conditions such as bipolar also can be linked to hard drug use.
    In order to make the assumption that marijuana is a gateway drug based off everything we know would require us to ignore the most basic scientific rule of them all. Correlation does not mean causation. In order to buy the gateway theory we have to ignore the fact that around 70 percent of those that use marijuana never go on to harder drugs, then we have to assume the 30 percent that do, only do so because they have used marijuana.

#120 Medicated fisherman, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018