Lemon Grove Bait & Tackle (formerly Barnacle Bill’s)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cavedog619, Oct 22, 2021.

1. cavedog619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback 2020
    Barnacle Bill’s closed about a month ago. I noticed the new signage as I was driving by. Are they open yet? Has anybody had a chance to visit the new proprietors yet?

2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,929
    I was out at ECBT yesterday and one of the guys said they are open in Lemon Grove. I have not been by there since Bill's last weekend. I will have to check it out one day. I do believe they are going to do some remodeling and possibly try to add a second story. Again...just heard about that from a couple guys who work at the Lakeside store.

3. cavedog619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback 2020
    I needed some gear so I stopped in on my way to the boat launch. THEY ARE OPEN and have been since a few days after Bill closed. Come on down and get your fill! They are open 7 days a week 5am to 5 pm.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Dat_fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,564
    Name:
    Luke Winczowski
    damn... Barnacle Bill's finally closed huh? Thats too bad, last time I saw him he was going through a lot of stress. So I bet it helps him a lot with dealing with his stress. no that he is out of there. He is a cool dude... when I was younger, he did a free fishing tournament for kids on Lake Murray on bass boats, I am still grinding for that LMB. But anyways, I hope Bill is doing ok... he was one of the many locals who inspired me to fish a much as I do now. I guess he was like a mentor to me, it hurts to hear that he closed, but I know he needed to do it. If anyone has his contact info, please let him know that Ed and Luke Winczowski send their regards and that me and my dad thank him for all his help in the fishing business.