Let's ALl call the Mayor

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by TommyP, May 27, 2020.

1. TommyP

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +377
    I know this is not new news but when you get a moment pick up the phone and call the Mayor @ 619.236.6330. Maybe he listens to his voicemails, who knows it cannot hurt. Keep the faith.......it will happen.

TommyP

2. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,590
  3. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,288
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    From what I understand it is not the Mayor who is holding things up. It is City lakes! I think they have got themselves into a financial bind... closing the lakes!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. RKMM

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +723
    Name:
    Lori Felchlin
    Boat:
    None
    As I have stated in other threads-the main reason for not opening the other reservoirs is staffing. Almost all staff has been diverted to the three open ones because of the covid requirements (i.e. bathroom cleaning and parking lot restrictions). In 2017 when I left the city lakes were running nearly cost neutral thanks to the work of Joe Weber and the way they changed how we charged the hours.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  5. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,590
    I am worried that our leaders will try to sell off the land the water and whatever is left or access for the public. Get it all bundled up and have one of the phony public hearings.
    Ramona lake rules at the rest of the lakes until they get it sorted out, all of them . How do you know it's not lies?

#5 Everydog, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  6. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,836
    Staffing yes. Money, definitely. Its kind of hard to keep everything running when so much of your funds are being diverted into the Convention Center for a massive homeless shelter program, another homeless shelter program that would be raised in one of the existing downtown motels, another library proposal project that wont go anywhere, new police and fire station requests, a new gazillion dollar multi-jurisdictional communications building project, etc. All of these sinkholes err..projects sucking up funds that just aren't there - all in the midst of an economy shutdown that so many people seem to support.

7. last cast

last cast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89
    1st off this is not directed directly at you lori.
    What about opening San V and El Cap ? Can't we have a rotating lake from month to month till you get your budget sorted out. Say, otay one month, san v the next and so on...You are opening lakes that freeloaders (hikers, pick-nickers, bikers...ect.) use and don't contribute to the lake operating costs. How about charging these people!!! And why is it ok to park next to another car at Walmart and stand in line to get in to the store, but it's not acceptable to park next to another car at the lake?? Yet hikers and bikers are constantly comming in close contact with each other. Complete BS!!!
    It's us fisherman and water recreation users that pay and get screwed. Im very disappointed in how this is being handled and how it favors the NON PAYING patrons to be able to use our lakes at the cost of us paying customers. How are you going to get out of debt by closing San V and El cap where paying customers use these lakes and yet you allow otay,murray and Miramar to be open to a bunch of freeloaders that you have to have extra staff to clean and accommodate them.
    The people you work for need to have their eyes opened up!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. TommyP

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +377
    All true.......I am sure the Mayor has some input. Case in point..........there are sure a lot of bathrooms at Barrett to be kept clean............The staff can work their OWN lakes.....that sounds reasonable to me? But lets not forget we are not dealing with reasonable people.........period. As I have stated before"the wrong people are in charge of making these decisions".

TommyP

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,836
    Funny how its always that way, isnt it? No clue, no care, no nothing. Just money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. RKMM

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +723
    Name:
    Lori Felchlin
    Boat:
    None
    It's not the budget and yes in the past Lakes put forward charging non-city residents a parking fee at Murray and Miramar. The city council slapped them down so hard their head spun then the council promptly declared they would never charge a fee for a 'free' park (although it looks like they may finally revisit this). I'm not going to go much further into this because I no longer work for the city, I just don't like seeing/hearing the staff (including those behind the scenes) being bad mouthed when it's the burden of the covid restrictions (not put in place by them, but by the county) straining staff (not the budget!!!). Once again IT IS NOT THE BUDGET...the city lakes were/are cost neutral when not burdened by covid rules/regulations. Stupid media.

11. last cast

last cast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89
    If it's not the BUDGET from keeping San V and El cap from opening... then hire more staff. Plain and simple!!! Unemployment is at a all time high, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love a job at the lakes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,836
    :emoji_vertical_traffic_light:Green light !! But doing so would cost .. money. :emoji_vertical_traffic_light:Red light !!

13. Double Minor

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,169
    Plenty of people would love a job at a lake. Problem is, plenty more are happier with their unemployment check and fishing wherever they like...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,836
    I'm totally surprised at how many newly unemployed people are happier with an unemployment check rather than a real paycheck. Maybe its an age thing.. so many of them seem to be of the 20-35 age group. At some point, they will go back into panic mode.

15. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,288
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Forgot to mention the appropriate adjective, ie, "ridiculous". Nobody is going to catch Covid off a toilet seat, and what in the world is the rationale in the every other parking space rule?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. VCC

VCC
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +244
    They are worried your vehicle may contract the virus, is all I can think of. You park a leave your vehicle returning to it to leave, A: I can not think of one time that I was leaving the lake the same time the vehicle next to me was, and B: I have never, even seen the person at their parked vehicle when I parked ours after launching, they are long gone and headed for their boat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. oldfogey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,396
    Name:
    Mike

can you say "bullet train":emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,590
    This whole thing has got me thinking about the notion of the "Social Contract" . At the core of it piss poor operation , of our lakes is a violation of that. I wish people would stop asking for fee increases. Ask the lakes to be what they once were , plenty of rules but enough appearance of good faith applied to the "Social Contract" to keep all but the most irreverent of us behaving pretty well within those rules. Within that contract we have already paid enough. Not to say I won't pay fees , but I don't automatically accept that they naturally need to escalate. The opposite is true. Not because I want a free ride. I don't and never have and neither do most of the people who fish. It's just that we already have done our part and do it every time we pay our property taxes, watch the best land gobbled up for moneyed interests, pay income tax.,sales tax , this tax and that tax. There are many ways we have done and do our part. When our country is given away right before our eyes, we are paying.

#18 Everydog, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,590
    Undeliverable:

Kevinfaulkener@sandiego.gov
    Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server couldn't be made.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connecto their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: Fix email delivery issues for error code 550 4.4.7 in Exchange Online.

20. William Campbell

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +511
    Right on, OLDFOGEY! Billions spent on the Bullet Train to nowhere!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List