Libertarianism And Racism

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by plako, Jun 11, 2020.

1. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,088
    Folks, to counterweight non-issues here like Nascar politics here is I think more interesting topic for discussion
    Libertarianism and Racism - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com and here are a few important paragraphs.
    The fundamental axiom of libertarian theory is that no one may threaten or commit violence (“aggress”) against another man’s person or property. Violence may be employed only against the man who commits such violence; that is, only defensively against the aggressive violence of another. In short, no violence may be employed against a non-aggressor. Here is the fundamental rule from which can be deduced the entire corpus of libertarian theory.
    First, the term “racism” is never defined or explained. The term is thrown around by some libertarians much the same as liberals, progressives, and social justice warriors employ it to attack and neutralize conservative and libertarian opponents of various government programs and social movements.
    Can a libertarian be a “racist”? That is, can a libertarian think, deduce, conclude, presume, suppose, assume, or believe something about a racial group? Of course, he can. Just like a progressive, a centrist, a liberal, a Christian, an atheist, a moderate, or a conservative can. It doesn’t matter if people disagree on whether his thoughts are right or wrong, rational or irrational, correct or incorrect, logical or illogical, reasonable or unreasonable. Whether someone is a “racist” or has “racist” thoughts is beyond the scope of libertarianism.

2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +48,493
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Or conservatism, liberalism, communism etc.. unless it becomes institutionalized... When are we fishing dude?

3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    Good thread. Good, honest read. But I gotta run.. being forced to go paint some streets in honor of BLM.:emoji_joy:

4. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,088
    We'll surely go Coach and I'm also looking for this. But after I get free time from my present chores.

5. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,592
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    'bout time the Bureau of Land Management got some recognition!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  6. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,088
    Here is how I would apply the principle for non-violence and only proper government role in the two other topics of the Lounge;
    The General Lee:
    Since the monument is on public land and managed by the local government, this government can do whatever see fit with it including to remove it. But a bunch of hooligans destroying public property should the appropriately punished not just for retaliation but to warn other that may try something similar. This is the preventive part of any punishment including the death penalty misunderstood today. They should be forced to restore the monument with their own money and labor, then punished additionally for hurting other peoples feelings and depliving them from enjoyment of common public property for a period of time. Whether local government should own any land and monuments on it is entirely different topic.
    NASCAR and NFL
    I already stated that as private organization they can introduce or ban any symbols among all the participants including ticket paying public and TV advertisers as they see fit. Then enjoy or suffer the consequences of politicizing their venues. Government has nothing to do here.

7. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    There is no person or entity right now that dares say anything about anything that even resembles racism. The new and updated race card itself encompasses pretty much of everything in life. Talk about fear. People and government alike are now more afraid of the little Antifa ninjas than they are taking off their masks and getting Covid. The only ones with nads enough to stand up are Trump and Barr.. and that two-man-band is getting tired of being the only ones on stage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,088
    Antifa is indeed a terrorist organization it should be dealt accordingly. In the first place trace their funding and treat its sponsors as aiding a terrorist organization. It would be fun to bring most of Hollywood fake stars to court, but more importantly to bring Soros financial empire down as sponsor of terrorism. The world would be a better place without Soros organizations.

9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    Soros is definitely a player. So is DeGeneres. Sickening in so many twisted ways.

10. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,088
    Expose the puppet masters and cut their strings. Bring to televised trials both the organizers and most prominent hooligans. Make them pay dearly for display to the rest. Then the low life scum will settle and find other uses of their energy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    Public humiliation. I only wish. These people (the elite) are so ridiculously protected. Any time its an elite, its all done behind closed doors. You and me though, its all out there for everyone to see. That pizzes me off.. two different tiers of justice and accountability.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    Reminds me of how my work is. If you're lower than a chief, the entire workforce immediately knows your locker is empty and why. If you're a chief however, the workforce is told that he/she left to "explore other opportunities and we wish him/her our best." What BS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,592
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
  14. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    Another drive-by from our resident softie. Typical.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,592
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Businesses and large corporations are falling in line. Sad to behold! I have watched my last NFL game! More fishing time!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    :emoji_joy::emoji_joy: Shyt Show 2020.

17. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +860
    What's the difference between a racist and a libertarian?
    A racist has no compassion for anyone of at least 1 race (and usually many of his own)
    A libertarian has no compassion for anyone

Ayn Rand quote:
    “If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject.”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    I'm blown away at how many people/corporations/businesses are taking a knee of their own, lowering their heads and apologizing for something that they somehow feel responsible for 230 years later. And I'm also blown away that according to Democrats, giving them some money (reparations) will make it all better and magically disappear. Uh... right. Ok.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,592
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Helps me refine where I spend my money!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,415
    Yep. I too now refuse to make purchases from businesses and/or people that are supporting this mess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List