1. Anglers Marine is looking for motivated, qualified, career driven employees for their Lakeside location. Full time Counter Sales, Part Sales, and Boat Sales positions are available at their Lakeside location. Health insurance and 401k benefits are available. Pay based on experience. Contact Rick or Cindy at 714-666-2628 if interested.
    Dismiss Notice

Lindy-type spinner rigs

Discussion in 'Lure Making & Customizing' started by AZ Red, May 14, 2018.

1. AZ Red

AZ Red Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hey all,

So I’ve been trying to do my homework for this summer about how to apply the techniques I used in my childhood for the waters in/around SD.

The particular method I’ve been planning for is to use beaded spinner rigs, similar to the Lindy rigs that I used “up north” for walleye as a kid.

But the question I have is about saltwater use. I have seen exactly nothing other than a few inline spinners, and have seen/read next to nothing about people using them. Is there a particular reason for this? Salt corrosion? Fish won’t hit them?

So I made myself a few rigs to try out. (Nylon-coated SS leader, brass & nickel blades/clevises, glass beads, etc.). But as I sit here and stare at them, I’m questioning the spinner blades. What I used as a child were meant for incredibly slow water movement, so I used willow leaf instead, but I wonder if the much stronger currents will kill the movement and just pin the blades back.
    Thoughts?
    image.jpg
    Tight lines,
    AZR