LIVE BAIT

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by jeffbdice, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Kesepton

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +434
    For me, I think a big part is what stage are you in your fishing. I think many of us started on live bait. It allowed someone without any skill and just a little encouraging to get on to some fish. As people get bored with catching the same ol same ol, they want to try new techniques, try new waters etc.

Many fly fisherman would think of us spin fisherman as not "real" fisherman but its all the same in my book. Anyone who wants to bait fish next to me and share some water is okay in my book. And when they are catching and you arent, im sure they would be happy to share some bait. And if you are like me, you would take it!

2. Queue

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,125
    Boat:
    SR-18
    Stitching crayfish is an art. My float tube popped, out grew my waders and I have a career now, so I don’t do it much anymore. I especially enjoyed catching 30-35 lb limits under the noses of participants on tournament days stiching ‘dads. It’s amazing how many big fish you can pull off pressured spots with the right set up under the right conditions. Give em what they want, where they want, when they want...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,239
    Fly, bait and artificial all take some skill. Soaking powerbait even requires some knowledge and some skill. There is a reason some of those powerbait soakers always limit out and others don't consistently catch fish. All the above a just techniques meant to deliver the same outcome. A caught fish. Some times one technique works better then others. A good angler will choose the right technique for the situation.

4. Fishferdayzzz

Fishferdayzzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75
    9 year old thread lmaooooooo