Live in Alpine. Fish at Loveland?

Discussion in 'Bass' started by Espinoza569, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Espinoza569

Espinoza569 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Hey there,

i’d like to get into bass fishing, and I’ve read a few things about Loveland. I know it’s not the most accessible, but it is less than five minutes from where I live. I searched the forums for some information and reports, but from the looks of it, it seems like guys are pretty mum about baits and other info about fishing there.

What works? What works for different parts of the year? Line size?

if these things are to remain hush-hush, please feel free to DM me with any helpful information as I start out.

Thanks!

2. dshotter

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +199
    In the wintertime, I would recommend jigs and Ika's. Line size anywhere between 12 to 20 pound mono. If you are new to bass fishing, go with the Ika before the jig. Reason being the bass will spit out the jig if you don't swing right away. But they will swallow the Ika so you have more time to detect the bite and set the hook.

3. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,444
    Boat:
    It floats
    I’m close too but sounds like you are closer. Unless you hit it every chance usually the bites been happening and you won’t here anything. If your that close and can’t fish it every day, keep on eye on the parking lot and you’ll know when the bite is happening.
    Amazing lake. This time of year like said above Ikas or stitching plastics. But also you can get into a good buck tail or rattle trap bite casting out as deep as you can.

4. F1$H

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +711
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo 13
    dark green wacky rig senkos. Usually there is a topwater bite

5. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,180
    it's super snaggy. Lots of submerged willow trees and other brush,. if you look at the shoreline rocks you will see how easy it is to drop a bottom bait, or hudd where it won't ever return from, but you have to fish that stuff.leave the crankbaits home until you now where the good places to throw them are and even then , one miscalculation and it's toast. Open water bite is there sometimes like all the other lakes but right now it's getting to be all slow stuff on the bottom, deadsticking , slow swimbaits drug around stuff , slow dropshot. Green pumpkin. whopper plopper or weightless worm is my skunk breaker usually.

In the winter i just go to known good spots and slow grind, I don't cover random water much if at all. Just fish two to three good spots not too far from each other sometimes going back an forth between them, until a few fish show up on the sweet spot, and think .....if I only had a boat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,444
    Boat:
    It floats
    The day of the dads, oh whoa is me