Lobster boil SoCal style

Discussion in 'Lobster Fishing' started by Paul the Great, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Paul the Great

Paul the Great Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Yet another slaying of the bugs. This is how I do it. Catch them, boil them, eat them. Every neighbor within a few doors has had more lobster recently than they know what to do with. Lobster has been a regular dish at the Moritz house for a few months.

A couple of nights ago, I pulled up the second net of the set and caught 40 or so crabs in one net. I will post the pic soon, as its on my buddies camera. Im done keeping the crabs, I just want big lobsters. However, in one scoop, that makes a limit of crabs for whoever wants to cook and clean 35 rock crabs.

The two big ones are about 4lbs and the two babies are just over 3lbs each. I can only handle eating about 3/4 pounds of lobster per sitting. These 4 bugs served 6 adults and 4 kids.

Who wants to pitch in 100 dollars for gas and bait to go with me for the night? Thats the buy in if you wanna go with. The local sport boats charge 50 bucks for one hoop net and about 3 to 5 pulls, and maybe a lobster. I got 10 nets for you and you can keep all the lobster your cooler can handle, up to 7, and more crabs than youll know what to do with, to 35.

I tow the boat, gas up the truck and the boat, I have the secret spots that have the bugs, I have the gear, I do all the work, I take the boat home and clean everything up. You get to pull till your arms fall off, you get a few lobsters. I get a limit per guy about 1 out of 3 times I go. You dont get skunked, you wont get sea sick, you dont need to bring any brains as I do all the thinking, you may drink beer as I wont have a sip because Im the driver. Ill get you off the water by 10pm. You show up, I put you on lobsters. Then I erase your memory with the Men In Black mind eraser so you dont go tell anybody all the secrets so that I can continue to rule the bay.

boillobs.jpg
    4lobs.jpg

Halibut fishing will start in March. 100 bucks for bait and gas.

Turkeys in March and April, 100 bucks for gas.

This is not a guide service, its a catching service for friends. Your not paying me, you buying gas and bait.

Attached Files:

2. sonnybihis

sonnybihis Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    is that 100 bucks per person or per outing? meaning can a friend and i split the 100 bucks?

3. Famous Ticketz

Famous Ticketz Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    where do you launch from?

4. Paul the Great

Ratings:
    +321
    Sonnybihis, a hundred per dude. Limit one.
    Famous Ticketz, a hundred bucks for all the information youll ever need. No more charity free info postings for the internet.

Im greedy and selfish.

The only free thing I dish out these days is sarcasim.

5. sonnybihis

Ratings:
    +23
  6. Lord Matthew34

Lord Matthew34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    lol glad to have you back...

See ya out there. How many legal halibut did you end up catching last year?

7. Paul the Great

Ratings:
    +321
    Lord Matthew, I didnt get any legal halibut last year. Im really trying to get at least one this year. Its been very tuff. Im only catching lizard fish, phooey! I hate em, they STINK!

LM, Ill drop you a line on the next good day comming up. You wont want to miss it. Be sure to be on the water when it goes down.
    Paul The Great

8. Lord Matthew34

Lord Matthew34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You know i'll be there!

Planning on going out tomorrow too...got a nice little confidence booster 2 weeks ago before the rains.

9. sonnybihis

Ratings:
    +23
    hey paul, if the offer still stands i'd like to take you up on it. when's the next time you're heading out? please let me know...thanks!

10. McDzNuTz

McDzNuTz Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to to take you up on the offer as well. I sent you a PM a couple of days ago and never got a response. Let me know, lets do it.

11. Paul the Great

Ratings:
    +321
    McDzNuTz, here is the PM I sent you a few days ago on March 5th at 10:39. Check your PM box.

You will have only a few days to fish for lobster, the season ends on the 16th. The moon is waxing and the tides are swinging on the edd side from sundown on those few days, not great conditions.

Your best bet will be to dive for them.

If you wanna put a day togather in October, let me know.