Logistics of bringing my 21' boat to San Diego.

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by Skid_68, Jul 5, 2019.

1. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,750
    Boat:
    Montauk
    This outfit is on Mission Bay and they might have accommodations for your needs. Campland on the Bay.

https://www.campland.com/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Graydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +970
    Boat:
    Freedom Boat Club
    This guide can help you get started in looking for dock and dine places. Some can be a hassle others are easier. Barefoot bar in Mission Bay is a great spot, big dock and easy in and out. I have also done Joe's Crab Shack but it is a pretty small dock only a few boats will fit. Coranado Island is a great spot with a ton of options and probably what I would recommend but you need to be careful because it is not protected and the wakes will beat your boat in to the dock. You need to tie a bowline to sort of an outside post to help keep you off the dock.
    http://www.blueskynews.com/Dock'nDine.html

Also what people are referring to about the corner of Point Loma is if you cut the corner to much there is a lot of kelp and breaking waves. Best way to avoid is to really round the corner or even go as far as the bouys marking the channel and then you will be good.

Last thing, our mornings are usually beautiful with very little wind but by 11am or so the wind picks up and can make for a sloppy ride. Just keep it in mind since you will be in a lower sided boat.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Skid_68

Skid_68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75
    Thanks for the link! Stopping at Coranado was on our list for pizza on the 4th.

Good to know about going around the Point. I'll be saving that info.
    Just gotta get the kids up before sun up for some calm water fishing. Now that's going to be the battle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,723
    Spot on!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List