Loreto Yellows on paddleboard

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by Bass Kid, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Bass Kid

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,306
    Finally got a day on the water after 5 days of wind. Wasn’t that bad since I’m here waiting for a friend to fly in. Paddled around some islands/points down south and landed a small barred pargo, small African pompano and 2 yellowtail 42-43” to the fork and 39-40” to the fork. All fish on the caivo flat fall. Everything was looking great till I saw the bay on the other side of the point when I was paddling back had 20 mph winds lol. Maybe it back to shore, made some ceviche and have a ton of fish away

A4609510-03E3-4F21-998B-B63C1129DA44.jpeg

A2DBCA37-B808-4A93-BF8F-8DB73C8F7059.jpeg

E7E7BA9E-49E6-447E-948F-2EF41D64B8A9.jpeg

71152A8A-81C0-4D16-BF5C-2712F91D3D17.jpeg

2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +62,219
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    That pompano/palometa is a lot better eating than a yellow.. that footage was nuts!

3. Bass Kid

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,306
    I saw plenty of the yellow finned pompano that I’d love to catch but didn’t have small enough baits. I know the African pompano get much bigger so I let it go. I’ll deff be keeping some fish in mag bay to make food with!

4. sdfriday

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +370
    Insane. tops your last YT vid. thanks for posting!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,747
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Unreal! I would be in the drink for sure!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. galen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,701
    Boat:
    15 ft Saturn raft
    Felt like I needed to put on a back brace just watching!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. B8DHOOK

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,294
    Great video Bass Kid.. Love the sound of that drag rippin, cool stuff man. I’ve never subscribed to anything, but I’m about to change my ways and follow your adventures. Keep up the good work. ( If you can call it work ). Livin the dream is what I’d call it..

8. Pourboy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +762
    Great vid and story! Love Loreto can’t wait to go back in April. Cheers man!

9. Bass Kid

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,306
    Ha welll I quit my job to do this trip but worked my *** off at a corporate desk for a while to do it. Every subscriber helps, according to YouTube they’ll give my like $.75 per month once I get to 1,000 subs

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  10. Pourboy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +762
    Yup that’s how it goes. I’m in a similar situation with my channel. A slow grind for now that will hopefully pay dividends in the future. Plus you’re doing what you enjoy. Cheers to you and best wishes on the future of your vids!

11. B8DHOOK

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,294
    I’m pretty naive when it comes to all this stuff. But I’m kinda curious.. How long will You Tube continue to pay the $75 per month, once you’ve reached 1000 subscribers ? I haven’t done the math, but you’d need quite a few subscribers to make a living doing this sort of thing.

12. Pourboy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +762
    That is totally true that you need a LOT of subscribers. I believe he was saying 75 cents per month actually. The amount of subscribers goes up the more you get because you get into their algorithm. It also depends on a lot of other factors too. I’m just doing it for fun and don’t really have expectations of 10 million subscribers but you never know. You get one video that goes viral and then who knows. It’s cheaper than the lottery though. Plus it’s like a photo album in the old days except that everyone can enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  13. B8DHOOK

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,294
    Thanks Pourboy.. interesting stuff.. I noticed that his $75 had a decimal in front of it, but I thought that had to be a typo. $.75 and $75. Are definitely two different things. Lol. I still wonder how long YT is willing to pay once you’ve reached a certain amount of subscribers. Does it go on indefinitely, or do they quit paying if they see there isn’t enough activity going on.

14. Pourboy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +762
    It has to be a minimum of 1000 subscribers or 4000 watch hours. That is where someone can begin monetizing their channel. You can choose the type of advertising that is on your channel (commercials, large banners, small banners, etc.) it’s basically how many ads get shown to how many people that directly effects how much one makes. As they see that your videos are becoming more and more popular that will organically recommend your stuff to people. There’s tons of great material out there that no one sees because it was not recommended by YT. It is basically it’s own industry now and anyone can do it. It just takes a lot of work and patience and proper labeling and marketing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  15. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +62,219
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Seventy five cents per thousand views.. a few million views, and you can make a bit of cash. If you drop off, then you aren't getting paid. Pretty simple, pretty ruthless. The algorithm is a mindless beast. I know what content of mine the damn thing promotes, and what it kills. I don't care, I want to drop what I want to drop (content wise), I just have to be content never making a single dollar...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  16. Pourboy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +762
    Exactly.

17. Bass Kid

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,306
    I doubt I’ll ever make $ on my channel but making videos has forced me to fish a lot more so that’s something I love. Prior to this trip, I’ve got a corporate job so I’ll stick with that for a bit lol

18. Pourboy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +762
    Do what you love, love what you do. As long as we are not hurting anyone else. Cheers to you and doing what your passion is. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Bhoff33

Bhoff33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +124
    So sick man!

20. F/V Shotgun

F/V Shotgun Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +244
    Name:
    Michael
    Boat:
    17ft Outrage
    Dude, you will make some money. Just keep it up and be yourself. My wife and I really enjoy making YT videos, we just did it for fun and eventually one video got a lot of traction and got like 50,000 views. That got us over 1000 subscribers and we were able to start putting adds. Now we get about 1,000 views per video, which isn't much but with all the old videos that we made it adds up. we don't make any real money but with what we made we were able to put on a contest for local fishermen and do some other things. The other thing that's awesome about making the videos is the comments. Sometimes you get some real ***holes but most of the time you get to hear from some awesome people. I have also got some amazing advice from people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List