Mail-in Ballots

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Creek, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,495
    Just needed to say this - since we were all talking about it recently.

So far, we've received two mail-in ballots each.. one at our physical address, and our PO box that we use as our mailing and legal ID address. So between the two of us, we currently have four mail-in ballots in possession. Loved the little statement on the front that claims the governors' "executive order."

Clown show. So that's four ballots for us so far, with others no doubt on the way. Your Left state politicians.. working hard for you to ensure CA remains blue.:emoji_joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,673
    Do you want to sell me 2 of them? Just kidding Creek .....but I see your point.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,873
    Ideally if you use both to vote, the 2nd one should be canceled because the system already logged your first vote.
    Now if someone can tell us that is how the system is set up, then we are good. Highly unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,909
    [QUOTE="Creek, post: 724785,

How can anyone in their right mind even begin to believe that there won't be mail crime with mail-in ballots?
    It's just plain and simple, a BAD IDEA.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,495
    The only ones that seem to like the idea are Democrats - for obvious reasons.. and maybe those that are inherently lazy

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,479
    I would be wondrously curious to see who all I vote for this year. I mean, I know who *I* will vote for. But I mean on the other ballots. If I even see one. Haven't yet though. Mail-in voting is a joke at any rate. Too easy to scam, fake, and steal. Ultimate way to disenfranchise if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,495
    I think thats the idea... shhhhhh... dont tell a soul. Shhhhh.......

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,974
    Name:
    Larry M
    We use the mail in ballots, drop them off at the library here in town. They have people there to make sure it's only one. If you have two you have to sign that you are dropping it off for someone else.
    One year I got a letter stating that the signature didn't match because I had spelled my full first name instead of just the initials like I usually do.
    The last name handwringing matched so they counted it but said to sign next time use what they had on record.

9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,495
    Were going to find out. I think if the ballot says BIDEN, they'll let it pass. But if it says TRUMP, they'll pull it and chuck it. I can always claim ignorance if someone comes knocking - it seems to work for everyone else.

Cant wait to see what percentage of ballots are rec'd in Orange County. Considering that 117% of the county is registered, it should be a grand turnout !

10. AzImport

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,479
    Yeesh. The democrat party in OC must be putting in some serious time getting these folks registered and then reregistered. I'm actually quite impressed at their outstanding work ethic. Didn't know that they understood what a work ethic was at that level.

11. Fishbreath

Fishbreath Fishing tales told here....some true.
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,883
    A little disturbing that you are getting election material at two different addresses, but what you got were not ballots. Ballots will not be mailed out until starting the week of October 5th. The material we got was simply asking if we wanted to save paper and mailing costs by signing up to get the sample ballots by email.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • List
  12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,495
    Yep, youre right. Just called the other half and she confirmed that its not an actual ballot - my fault for not opening it up first. I'll try to remember to take a photo of this piece of... uh, paper... and post it here tomorrow.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,852
    Boat:
    Montauk
    And to think those lazy #@&%!'s are now threatening to flip AZ blue...

14. AzImport

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,479
    I hope you don't think they are working for it. The only cause of that is them fleeing the policies they themselves have given their elected overlords the ability to enact, without seeing the root cause of it. And I doubt AZ will ever be reliably blue. AZ, apart from Tucson and Nogales, is very middle of the road, and has been for years. Independent voters control the state, and that hasn't changed in a very long time.

15. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,873
    I was watching the news and they said Oct 5 - then I thought "what did Creek get in the mail so early???"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  16. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,074
    In reality Trump is doing their work for them in flipping Az blue. And everyone thought he was a slouch with all the golfing, tweeting and watching TV that he does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,495
    Yep. Thats what it was. My mind is just so geared into knowing how crooked this state can be. Assumption.

18. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,416
    I just have to chime in, why doe everybody think that only democrats can cheat, are you saying that if it’s possible to cheat that only dems will, how about people that cheat when their fishing are they all dems and the republicans won’t cheat, it’s ridiculous, just my two cents worth. I’ve never fished without a license but I’ve known people that have fished without a
    license, people at my work who poach and I know their republican. Just saying

#18 Vito1023, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,974
    Name:
    Larry M
    That's why I'm registered as independent, we never cheat. LOL.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,495
    I dont think everyone believes "only Democrats cheat." In fairness to those of us that are Conserv or Repub though, you have to be willing to open your eyes to the things that have occurred to our President and his campaign since 2015. Most people are just not willing to do that. The beginning of the (legal) dominoes falling came yesterday courtesy of the Durham Criminal Probe..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/du...iminal-case-arising-from-review-attorney-says

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/politics/fbi-russia-clinesmith/index.html

I added the CNN angle to the story so that no one would be offended.

There will be MANY more indictments and guilty pleas arising in the coming months - including indictments for Comey, Stzrok, Page, McCabe (CNN's new color commentator) and multiple others in high positions - including media outlets and their personalities. This is a HUGE deal for those of us that were able to understand early-on what was really happening. It was easy to do. We just had to remember that everyone - no matter who you are or what political affiliation you're with - is human.