May 14: Morning Session and a Weird Dream

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by VinnyBass, May 14, 2020.

1. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,401
    I think some of my recent posts seem to be repetitious, so I will keep this one kind of short(this will be a challenge..ha ha). Same story: kayak/morning session/creature baits/plastic worms/fishing cover and what would have been my first bass of the day...came off less than a foot from my hand from me pulling it into the kayak. Other than that, I avoided a skunk when I landed a healthy bass on a plastic worm and added another bass on a Yamamoto DT Hula Grub. Not much else to tell, but the bass pretty much had lockjaw this morning. Still landing a couple bass was nice, getting some fresh air and the other highlight was finding a nice squarebill crank bait attached to some tulles.
    What's funny is I dreamed Lake Murray opened and I was launching my boat and nobody was there. I thought to myself, OMG... I am going to catch so many bass and then the sound of my alarm work me up to reality.... Dang! :)
    bass may 14 1.PNG bass may 14 2.PNG

2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,401
    Dreams can come true!!!!! I still cannot believe it....MURRAY IS OPENING!!!! :)

3. coyote drop

coyote drop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125
    I think the boats are already lined up all the way out to lake Murray blvd....LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,401
    What is funny is normally hardly anyone fishes Murray....you don't know how many times I am the only boat or kayak launching and I am not there in the dark either. I know this sounds crazy...but I may go check it out and determine if I want to be a part of the craziness that I expect up there. I will keep my promise that if Murray opened I would kiss the boat dock(I guess the dock where you launch because the boat dock will no doubt be closed). I will be retiring soon and
    look forward to lots of fishing at my favorite lake. I know I will see you out there.
    Tight lines my friend. :)

5. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,974
    Boat:
    Yes
    Dreams DO come true!! Hope to see you out at Murray soon, VinnyBass !