Mayor Gloria signs ordinance to ban Ghost Guns

Discussion in 'Hunting & Firearms' started by Meezer_Man, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    SAN DIEGO – Mayor Todd Gloria signed an ordinance Thursday authored by City Councilwoman Marni von Wilpert officially banning firearms without individual serial numbers — so-called “ghost guns” — in the city in an attempt to address increasing gun violence.

“San Diego has seen a dramatic increase in gun violence across our city using ghost guns,” Gloria said. “These guns are untraceable and can end up in the hands of people prohibited from having firearms, making them a threat to public safety.

=^..^=

2. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,269
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    There they go again , thinking that any criminal that intends to possess , carry and use a fire arm in the commission of a crime , serialized or not , gives a hoot about an ordinance .. For those that would like to build , there is a process for serial number application and registration of 80 % firearms , just a lot of hoops to jump through . WR

3. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9

Never heard of a mass shooting with a ghost gun. =^..^=

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,464
    I use fake baits. Would that be the same as ghost baits? Have yet to kill someone with a plastic worm although there are some for whom the thought is tempting.

Asking for a friend, how would you kill someone with a fake bait?

5. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,269
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    I suppose putting a 4 OZ chunk of lead below the " Fake bait " and a little casting practice would do the job . 80 lb Braid might make a good ligature as well . With all sincerity I believe we should be able to build our own , I have not done a 80 % handgun or rifle , but have built a few muzzleloaders from scratch . The proliferation of kits for handguns probably is what is fueling this ordinance . It does not matter if someone builds an unmarked firearm or obtains one from a theft and grinds the numbers off , the result is the same , if used in the commission of a crime . In this case it seems to be written to punish the law abiding and not the persons that have criminal intent . The old adage , " When they outlaw guns only outlaws will have Guns " , stands true . WR

6. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,555
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    That is what the libs do. They make countless laws that only the law-abiding would follow. Often they pass laws that make outlaws out of law-abiding citizens.

I wonder how many criminals while planning their next crime say, "I wonder what gun is legal for me to use in this crime?"

7. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,960
    Aint getting mine 20210930_170038.jpg

8. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,269
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    Must be tough for Law Enforcement , 3 D printer and a little paint , actually just paint on this one , concealed in plain sight . The Glock is the real deal , Maybe from a 80 % kit ? DEA found during a bust in North Carolina .
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

#8 William Ritchie, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  9. Bigpondonly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +157
    One could cerakote any firearm, serialized or not, any color scheme of their choosing. I'm not understanding the correlation?

10. Bigpondonly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +157
    Todd Gloria. Next, hopefully banning forks and spoons to prevent people from becoming overweight. Typical libtard.

11. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,269
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    This weapon is disguised to look like a childs toy . Lets say it may not appear to be a real firearm therefore concealable from the untrained eye . The one pictured is a Roni kit that comes without the hand gun no permits or any paperwork required . The pistol is available in 80 % category also no permitting required . This allows for a person exempt from firearm ownership a way to obtain one . There are many states that would allow this conversion , not California . Thrown into the corner with some nerf dart ammo and other toys ? BTW I have a number of cerakote and duracote firearms , none look like a child's toy . But then I legally can own the ones I have , may be different for those who can not . WR

#11 William Ritchie, Oct 1, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  12. Bigpondonly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +157
    Ahhh, roger that I get your point. I used to have firearms. Unfortunate boating accident west of the 9 mile bank. Claimed by Davey Jones locker.

13. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,555
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Nothing against you WR, but I detest that phrase! Is my right to own such firearms being infringed? How many hoops equate to infringement?

14. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,555
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Somebody points something at you in a threatening manner, shoot or be shot! What part of "put down the gun" is unclear? Could not pay me enough to be a cop in today's political climate!

15. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,269
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    The context to the phrase was to effect the idea that , I do not need to hide the firearms I have . Those that can not possess them might need to do so . I fully believe that any US citizen, that has no criminal offenses or judgements against them that would exclude them from possession / ownership , should be able to own , build , possess and carry at any time a weapon of their choosing . From the aspect of an unsuspecting child getting a hold of a weapon disguised as a toy and having any form of accident , I am not onboard with that . Seems with most , if an item appears to be a toy it is treated as such . Just my outlook . No offense taken , Paul .

#15 William Ritchie, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Exmedicated Fisherman

Exmedicated Fisherman Active Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Name:
    Steve
    Good job Todd. I am glad he is looking out for us. I wouldn't want someone to murder me with a ghost gun. I can rest easy knowing that the gun the criminal used to murder me had serial numbers. It comes down to being able to track who has what, so when they come for them they don't miss any.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List