MB 9/25 - Oh man that was nice...

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by AzImport, Sep 25, 2020.

1. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,653
    Only one fish today. Just one. Only 3 other bites, love taps that never were gonna connect. But 1 fish. Only about 11 inches. This fish however breaks a 2 month long skunk. Breaks a year-long Mission Bay skunk. And easily the largest fish I've caught all year. Most fish this year have been of the bluegill variety, almost all smaller than the 3'' minnow swimbait I used to catch this one. Also think this is the first fish I've caught out of Mission Bay during the day that isn't a sculpin or kelpfish in well over a year come to think of it. Even had a guy teaching his daughter how to handle a SUP make sure she gave me plenty of space to, as he said "make sure we can all share the water" So, today was a nice day. Even if it was only one fish.

20200925_100104.jpg

2. oldfogey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,592
    Name:
    Mike
    good job AZ

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,376
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    I haven't had a good year either, boat problems and not many bites in the big bay or PLK except some large bones 1 time. Payin dues

4. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,241
    We need to get you on more fish. Either go to the Shorepounders sessions or get a float tube and one of the tubers (including me) will show you how to get them. On New Years Day this year, I got 100 spotties so they are not that hard to catch. No reason you shouldn't be learning from other people.

5. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,653
    Shorepounders is where I learned a lot of what I know to start with. Work schedule no longer agrees with my going otherwise I'd be making most of them. And I agree spotties aren't hard to catch, but everyone has had stretches of time where it just ain't working out, and this has been mine.

And float tube enters my inventory in about a month and a half. Had the chance to use one before and I saw it even then as the superior way to fish. Fishing from shore is all fine and well, a tube let's me into some better waters.

6. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,241
    Float tube is my favorite way to fish. You should love it once you get it.