MB All Week Long grand slam!!!!! and then some!!!!

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by AlwazeFishing, Apr 11, 2010.

1. AlwazeFishing

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +33
    Wish I could get my pics but haven a hard time on my new phone. Anyway I don't have much time and will continue on this report tomorrow but I have been stayin at campland on mission bay fri-sunday and fishing every second(alwazefishing hahahaha). Every morning I would yak this stupid channel it was 5 ft deep and last year I caught 8 halis and 15 bass in 2 hrs. But this year I only got 2 spotties so I was bumbed but come afternoon when my family woke up I would get a ride over to dana then it was ON!!!! I fished all over gettin bass on everything I threw. Which was mainly swimbaits but some on gulp,grubs, 1 on the blade, and one on the huddle bug.(great lure for the spotts no joke) I started in mariners basin(where i ended as well but thats later) and pumped for 15 minutes and walked off with 100+ ghost shrimp. I got alot of spotties and calicos on the shrimp mainly under the bridge and in quivira basins boulders. But got many on the big hammer. Then I hit up islandia and got 6 spotties on the drop when fishing the plilings. Then hooked a beast that peeled drag and broke my 6 lb topshot do to a lack of drag that was a real bummer but im guessing halibut due to the fact that I was bouncin the bottom right next to the barge.

Then I fish the bridge right behind the hyatt with shrimp and swimbaits and and left that spot with 4 fish. Now I got to go but will finish up tomoorw. sorry. Alot of fish and alot to come. Ended day 1 with about 30 or so fish. No joke.

2. DatFuCanFish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +37
    Like I said, "AlwazeCatching". I took my family Sunday to feed the fish at the Barefoot Bar & Grill. They really enjoyed it. I'll try to take them earlier in the day, with better light so they could get a better view. Too much wind and overcast, but still had fun. Good job out there, tightlines E!

3. AlwazeFishing

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +33
    Then the next day We do the same thing and I wont go into detail cause i followed day 1's pattern exactly and beached the yak with 28 fish.

At the end of the day I finaly did it with a huge huge thank you to "oolie" for the advice. After all the advice given to me about ray fishin from bassadict,j.rasta, and especially oolie I went to a spot at mission which I would be glad to share so you could do it and learn and expierence the drag peel of a bat, but I'm not sure oolie would want me to ruin his spot so i will not do that to him but...

I casted out my ray rod with a whole squid a 4/0 hook and a 2 ounce slider chucked it into the eel grass which was probly 10 ft deep where my bait was. I was patient and let this thing soak for 1 hr. Then I start loosin faith but still goin with it. So I go over to a near by sand dune put my hood over my head and my hat on my face and go to nap. 30 mins into my sleep I awake to the full on ZZZZzzzZZZZZZZzzz ZZZzz ZZZzzzzzzZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

I get up sprint over and swing. My drag peels and I am so pumped. He burried himself in mud a few times but I got her to shore go to dehook her and my hook snaps in 2. I say she was 15-20 lbs. The fight was 10x smaller than the 2 bats I hooked in coronado so those were monsters but I felt like j.rasta, or shyazn8boy. I was exited and can't wait to do it again

Thanks oolie sooooooo much!!!!!! lets to it together next time.

And then that night we finished off the ghost shrimp at night and got 8 round rays and 3 leopard sharks down in the campland channel. (one leopard was at least 4lbs to.)

Want my pics up and will as soon as I can not to many but some I learned from loosin the first one not to whip it out for all my fish. Hit up mb guys I got almost every species that swims and if you folow tihs report you will to.

Species-Spotted bay bass(many)
    Sand bass(plenty)
    Calico bass(5+)
    Pile perch(several)
    Black sea perch(a few)
    Round ray(8)
    Leopard shark(3)
    Bat ray (1 pushin 15 lbs)
    Opaleye(4)(all on g-shrimp)
    Salema(way to many at night at (the spot) )

10 species total and to much fun... Good way to end spring break

4. Roy Justice

Roy Justice Original Member
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +94
    you know there is a limit on ghost shrimp Right?

5. AlwazeFishing

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +33
    No man I honestly didn't. But I guess I do now. Me and 4 friends pumped them and so got like 90-110 or so. Did we go over the legal limit? What is the limit? Thanks for the advice that could've got me a hefty fine.

6. Bluesun

Bluesun Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2010-2011 regs:
    29.87. Ghost Shrimp and Blue Mud Shrimp. (a) Limit: Fifty in combination.

I believe that would be 50 per angler, so you guys were probably ok if they were divided between you. Just make sure that each of you has your own bucket.

7. AlwazeFishing

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +33
    Ok I won't be makin that mistake again thanks for the tips.