mercury 125 2 stroke help

Discussion in 'Boating & Boat Maintenance' started by bongfoo, May 26, 2019.

1. bongfoo

bongfoo Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Name:
    jerry
    ladies and gentleman I need a little help. I purchased a 18' 1995 SeaRay with a mercury 125H.P. 2 stroke outboard for a fair price. the motor runs fine but I'd like to do a little maintenance to it.

the problem is, I can't find the serial number. the little sticker that is usually on the transom mount isn't there. does anyone know where else I could find the serial number? I've looked around the head area by the sparky plugs, around the area of the starter... I've searched with Google,bing, YouTube and numerous boating forums...

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,745
    post on the hull truth, include a picture of the motor so they have an idea of year....

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

3. bongfoo

bongfoo Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Name:
    jerry
    I've searched through them as well. but it couldn't hurt to post this question there a well. lol

4. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    Boat:
    17.5 Western Wide CC
    There should be a welsh plug , similar to a freeze plug on an auto engine in the block that will have a series of numbers on it usually silver in color . There may also be a small round tag on the block a little smaller than a quarter that will have a series of numbers stamped into it . These numbers will reference to the model and serial number . Some also have an additional id plate on the upper portion of the flame arrestor if equipped with one . yours is not the first to be missing the tag on the transom bracket . Hope this helps , Tight lines

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  5. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,296
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
  6. sherpa

SDFish VIP