Miramar Lake

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jus bigguns, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jus bigguns

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +603
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Walked around Miramar lake yesterday. 5 miles around the lake and it is well signed to where you are on the lake. Saw some boats out there fishing but didnt seem like anyone was catching anything. Very serene walk and im happy i was able to complete the walk(could of gone further)with no problem. Bikes and pedestrians share the upper paved path. There is also a lower path that is rocky and sandy(mountain Bikes). Along the way there is no water fountains so if taking our four legged furry buddies bring water. That water is Gin clear

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. shawnanigans

shawnanigans Member

Ratings:
    +91
    I was there and walked the whole thing too for the first time. Talked to a couple people on the docks, no one had any luck. Tough lake with that water.

3. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,108
    As far as fishing goes: With that clear water you have to make long casts to give you better odds as bass can be spooked easily. I caught a handful of bass from my kayak on Father's Day. I was fishing in 12-25 feet of water looking for bigger bass(ha ha..a bigger bass is anything around 3lbs)but it was pretty slow fishing overall. It you fished the tules or tule lines, you probably could pick up lots of small bass. There are so many bass that are about the same size, you think you already caught that same bass...ha ha. Margarita Mutilators work the best for me, but my biggest bass was on a 8" Otay Special Upton worm in 22' of water. It was cold and overcast when I was there, but the action should improve as we get warmer weather.
    Average clone(plenty of these all over the lake)
    aver clone.PNG
    This is better....but harder to find...ha ha(or are the clones just faster to get to the bait?) :)
    IMG_7805 2.PNG

4. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,443
    Years ago I used to ride my skinny tire bike for two complete turns around the lake. After 9-11 you couldn't cross the dam and they would station a renta cop with an AR-15 there to enforce it which I thought was a bit much. Just when I thought I was really tearing up the track some 20-30 year old would ride up my tail and then zip past me with a smile-oh well I was in my late 50s-early 60's then. Week end could get crowded with the 3-4 abreast walker types and if you would call out, "on your left" to pass I think they would spread out and then glare at you when went by. Oh well I'm too old to ride my bike now. Right below the cliff down from the boat dock used to be a great trout hole when they stocked and the crowd would gather there elbow to elbow.