Mission Bay Spotties

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by Iquit214, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Iquit214

Iquit214 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just moved here a while back and have been searching around here for places to catch bass. This forum has been a big help in giving me ideas. I have been having no luck off of piers and rocks around bridges. I think someone mentioned to go where there is alot of water activities in the bay. Maybe dumb luck, but I think I found the spot. I caught 20-35 bass the last 3 nights in a row (4-5 hours). I thought it was uni butter at first, but after running out my numbers are the same. Any dark colored hammerhead swimbait tied directly to 40lb braid bounced very slowly across the bottom works every time.

A clear leader, hot sauce, uni butter and other things might increase your chances, but I think the retrieve is number one for cathing these fish.

2. livetofish

livetofish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to SD fish and Great job on the spotties! yeah you were on the spot big time but usually when i fish my spots at mission bay, i catch a few not like last week i caught 18 fish, the big spottie schools move like no other. I go down to MB every weekend and fish the same exact spot but it wasn't as wfo as it used to be. so i'm thinking they are just spreaded out right now. Off to a new one haha. ps if you run out of every fish scent, use your spit haha i got this from a forum and i tried it my self and it seems to work.

3. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,869
    congrats on finding the spotties! me and the fellaz got on some brutes in the last 2 weeks as well.