Mission Beach 5/8

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by Cast N Destroy Angling, May 9, 2019.

1. Cast N Destroy Angling

Cast N Destroy Angling Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129
    Hey all, just wanted to give a report on my morning surf fishing session yesterday... Went to mission Beach, south of the roller coaster, no sand crabs in sight (well I lie, I saw a dead one ) just thousands of bean clams.. so I threw on some Berkley gulp sandworms (red) and caught 5 surf perch ranging from 6 inches to almost 10 in an hour. The tide was loooowwwwww, and it was drizzling but the fish are there and hungry. Also a gentleman fishing next to me was tossing out what looked like a tube bait and caught a 17" halibut.. no he didn't keep it.. he better not of.. . Anywho good luck out there!

IMG_20190508_101747_766.jpg

2. perch killer

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,093
    Some nice perch there. Surprised did not find any sc's; was out there for a brief am session a week ago and found a few beds loaded with good size ones, south of your location. Had one good rod bending hit/break off, otherwise action was slow. Should have switched to crack to get some of those perch. Thanks for the report.

3. Kam_Walsh98

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,909
    nice report!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Cast N Destroy Angling

Ratings:
    +129
    Thanks all. I'm gonna try again maybe Monday morning hopefully the weather will cooperate lol

5. itsyaboysears

itsyaboysears The Young Gun
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,792
    Nice report. How’s that GoPro footage? Which one do you have and what are your reviews on it if you don’t mind me asking. I’ve always wanted to get one so I can record myself getting spooled by some freight trains. Hahahahahahaha but seriously though how is it

#5 itsyaboysears, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  6. Cast N Destroy Angling

Ratings:
    +129

Hello! Lol. I love the footage I can record up to 4k but usually just do 1080p.. I have the hero 5.. tons of features.. but only complaint is the battery life sucks.. I have to carry two with me to equal about 4.5 hours of footage.. other than that I love it.. hope this helps!