Mission Point Blows

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by Creek, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,527
    I drove over to Mission Point this morning.. gorgeous weather and dry.. water temp 66 and at least 6-7' visibility. Glassy water. I thought for sure I'd do well. Got there at 7am.. parking lot was chock-full of stay-over cars from drunks, err... people.. staying wherever they were staying. Two tents out on the grass. I've been seeing more and more tents at Mission Point.. people sleeping in them, their "belongings" outside the tents hanging off bicycles and shopping carts. Clearly, the homeless are now being allowed to stay at Mission Point.

Bad sign #1.. In addition to the tent city that is now part of MP, I drove up to see a group of at least 30 new scuba divers in various degrees of undress standing on the grass by the bathrooms getting ready to go out as a group, so I knew going along the rocks toward the point was going to be out of the question today. All youngsters.. all jacked-up and high as kites to get in the water.

Bad sign #2.. I'm set to go out and ready to grab my rod, fins, sonar and boat and I'm thinking something's missing.. "Where's my big lifeguard hat?" That's right.. I left it at home. First time I've accidentally left anything at home in two years. Shyt. I had a baseball hat and a face buff with me so I made due with them.

Bad sign #3.. Tucked inside my big trademark lifeguard hat were my lanyard with nippers and whistle. Also in the hat was my camera - both at home with the big hat. Two shyts. Whatever.. who needs more pictures of cookie cutter Spotties and juvenile Halibut anyway?

Ran the inside the innermost row of boats and the drop-off northbound with only two grabs, both misses on my part. I knew it. My attitude was horrible, I felt off, and I felt completely lost without my hat and accessories.

Bad sign #4.. Was kicking slow, maybe a dozen feet away from this Gilligans Island-looking boat and got told by the female boat owner sitting on the back end watching me that fishing around the moored boats wasn't allowed. Keep in mind, I'm already in a shytty mood from not having my big hat.. I laughed pretty hard at her when she said it, then decided why not as I kicked my way over to her (temporarily) moored boat. She was pretty jet ugly, looked 60's or so which meant she was probably mid 40's, .. skinny as heck, leathery skin look from hard drinking and/or drug use, halter top with saggy.. you know.. and an uglier dog that was growling at me. She just seemed sour at the world, and I was apparently an easy target. And since I'd had enough already, I was about to make her day just the slightest bit worse.

Grabbed my phone and my Brass Pass. Called one of my pals that I knew was on duty and asked him if he wouldnt mind coming over to the basin to witness me offer this young lady an education on CA FG Section 2009. Five minutes later, here he comes. Brass Pass gets flashed and now I have a witness, which is all I needed to launch into my best azz-ripping. So I hand this woman one of the business cards I had made with Section 2009 quoted on it and told her the possible ramifications that I was considering to implement. She threw it back at me. Then I launched into the civil harassment aspect of the issue she had created. A few of her middle fingers, voiced FU's and KMA's later and I'm still laughing at her stupidity, and now kicking back toward the launch spot, realizing that I should have never gone fishing this morning once I discovered that I had managed to somehow leave my big floppy hat at home.

The only thing that made the morning slightly better (other then slamming the skank in the moored boat) were the two fish that were gifted (by my parents watching over me, I'm sure) to me on the way back. One decent Spottie and a smallish Calico. And as my luck would have it, the entire group of student divers were exiting the water at the same time as me. While I was getting out, I was thinking with that much activity that maybe the city should create some parking space lines on the sand. In other words, there's nothing like trying to get out of the water with a massive group of new divers fumbling and bumbling their way out of the water all around you. Geezuz, what a high traffic nightmare.

And I open my garage door, back in, get out, and I spy my big floppy hat laying on top of the padlocked gear crate I use for my work gear. And what do I do? I flip it off just because I can. And now I feel alot better. Time to make a sandwich and watch some TV.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  2. captwoody

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,749
    Name:
    Woody
    Boat:
    19ft Kencraft
    can you introduce me to your new girlfriend? I am sure she just needs some attention at 0630 am every morning we can

3. cavedog619

cavedog619 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback
    I’m feeling you. Yesterday, I left my favorite pfd in the garage so I had to use my spare that I keep in my truck. Had words with a group of SUP paddlers who said I shouldn’t be fishing in the West Basin due to all of “boat traffic”. My kayak was the ONLY “boat traffic” in the basin. Got skunked unless you count tugs resulting in your swimbaits getting ripped. Shoulda stayed home.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,527
    What a POS she was. I hope her friggin' boat takes on water and sinks.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List