Mission Point.. Gorgeous, but Slowww

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by Creek, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,554
    Had some fun yesterday with CaptWoody at Mission Point. Weather was extraordinary. Gentle and warm NE breeze, clear as a bell, water clarity to at least 6' or more, water temp of 66. And I remembered to bring along my big floppy hat which meant that mentally, I was good to go - with no excuses.

Such a gorgeous launch that I had to click a pic of it.

Launch 1.JPG

Backed into the nice water and decided to run across the basin to the NE and dredge along the area that is fenced for ecological reasons. Didn't get squat there - not even a smash 'n grab. Woody however had already taken one or two during a gorgeous backdrop.

Woody Hookup 2.JPG

Kicked all the way to the end of the basin where the deep hole is and turned around southbound. Got hit by a couple of freight trains that I was in no way ready for. The first one I had my rod under arm with the drag off (for just such a reason) and was cleaning my sunglasses. I watched as the rod bent underwater and listened as the reel screamed drag-free. By the time I got my glasses back on my face, the fun was over. No love.

Watched some gal do a drive-by on Woody. I'm sure he didn't really mind all that much, but this is the kind of stuff that leaves me scratching my head. I'm guessing she was paddling no more than 8-10' away from him. So much acreage on Mission Bay, you'd think there would be enough room for everyone so that drive-bys didn't have to happen. Oh well. maybe she just wanted some attention, I dont know.

Woody Paddle drive by.JPG

Took a couple of Spotties, one Sandie and two crackhead Mackerel. That was it for me. I know Woody outfished me numbers-wise, but I don't remember what he had.

Spot 1.JPG

Spot 2.JPG

Saw in insanely gorgeous uh... girl... on the sand. No sense in talking out it publicly.. just know in the back of your little minds that she was the highlight of our session, and I'm sure if Woody sees this thread he will gladly agree.

So not much else to say. I took more pictures than I did catching fish, so please enjoy the few I posted here.

2. special k

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +587
    Name:
    stan
    Boat:
    aluminum
    Not even a picture of the girl from a distance come on man I know you have one!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. special k

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +587
    Name:
    stan
    Boat:
    aluminum
    Not even a picture of the girl from a distance come on man I know you have one!!!

4. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,554
    That's a little bit too twisted for me.

5. captwoody

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,749
    Name:
    Woody
    Boat:
    19ft Kencraft
    yes I agree:emoji_blush: I ended up with 9 sbb most 12+ and out of probably 70 trips I outfished you once:emoji_thinking: