Moments like these should all restore our faith a bit in America

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by barepixels, Sep 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barepixels

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,872
    Name:
    John
    Boat:
    No access to one
    This is the kind of stuff that lots of people will pretend simply doesn’t exist. This is the kind of stuff those dividing our country want to ignore. A police officer attempted to make an arrest, he started getting lit up in brutal fashion and people didn’t hesitate to rush to his aid. Moments like these should all restore our faith a bit in America.

2. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,524
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    imagine what they could do if they had belts...

BLM - belt loops matter !!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,643
    Kind of - doesn't give me faith in the cop's ability to handle the situation, but at least he didn't pull out his gun and start shooting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,146
    That LEO needs some serious training.

5. barepixels

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,872
    Name:
    John
    Boat:
    No access to one

Facebook Video link
    Oregon State Police are taking control of the riots

From Comments:

Portland mayor has been curled up in fetal position for months letting them do this because he is #3 on their demand list to resign so he was hoping they would change their minds if he let them riot.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now that they are deputized by the US Marshalls, those arrested are charged federally bypassing the DA who refuses to press charges and let's them back out on the streets. Law and Order baby, go get em.
    ABOUT TIME! THE ONLY REASON THEY ARE LETTING POLICE DO THEIR JOB NOW. IS BECAUSE THIS LAWLESSNESS THAT THEY ALLOWED IS BACK FIRING ON BIDEN IN THE POLLS!!!! THEY COULD HAVE DONE THIS ALONG TIME AGO, BUT CHOSE TO INGNORE THE SUMMER OF LOVE!!!
    I guess the Democrats realized how far Creepy Joe is tanking in the polls and decided to "release the hounds"
    I am SO GLAD to see more & more of theses videos showing Law Enforcement is doing their job removing rioters to bring peace back to their cities! Great Job Officers!
    It's about time. Show some strength and 80% go back to their parents basement. Then you just need to deal with the 20%. Then 18% of those are emboldened by the 2% instigators. The 2% will go back into hiding. Problem solved till the next issue they can exploit.
    FINALLY GIVE THE BOYS IN BLUE SOME POWER. Now Prosecutors need to lock up and hold any out-of-state arrested for transfer to Federal Officers.
    Amazing how a police presence works at clearing the streets. Good job officers
    This is the best thing that's happened in a very long time. Hope to see a lot more of this in all those cities that have been plagued by these little cockroaches!
    And they have been deputized by the US MARSHALLS no more get out of jail free cards ...time to thin the herd go gettum Blue
    Arrest them all. Then cut off their unemployment and welfare food card all government assistance
    Laughed so hard when that professional victim got shoved to the ground not once but twice. We are so past time to see the police use some ACTUAL violence against these idiots who have begging for a beat down for MONTHS!
    Happy to hear enough of the destruction, burning people’s businesses, people being hurt or killed.. stop it! The pain you have caused has only hurt people hasn’t helped a damn thing.
    Funny how all of a sudden the police can take down the rioters. Looks like the Democrats are running scared and aren't tiring their hands
    Oregon needs to arrest the governor, mayors who are not law abiding & allowing their cities to burn!
    It's high time the police stop the rioters. Hell! In Rochester NY , they are climbing on people's homes! They have to be stopped !
    They are not State Police anymore....They have been deputized as Federal Agents...Since these Democratic leaders don't want too stop the violence and rioting the Federal Government found another way too stop it
    Good leaders don’t need over 100 days to stop riots and destruction of property.
    Get the violent rioters out of there! These people have terrorized the poor Portland area long enough. They have destroyed their businesses and livelihoods. It’s so disheartening to see this type of violence here in America. It has got to stop
    Where will BLM be labeled correctly as domestic terrorist?
    LOL! Now that polls show the Dem disaster because chaos and destruction aren't working for them. They don't care about their state or citizens but they'll do anything to get and keep power.
    The Governors and Mayors Mayors wouldn't accept help from the President. They allowed these Marxist Riots and it backfired on them. The President should win again.
    They are federally deputized they dont answer to the governor or the mayor, and all arrests are gonna be federally procecuted
    The president should find a way to lock up all these mayors and governors for treason against the Republic.
    Really is this **** still going on.. there is no leadership in the state of Oregon let alone Portland at all...
    Yea, It’s about time! Think of all that pent up frustration those policemen have. They should have been allowed to do their job earlier. Who is going to pay for all the damages the “peaceful protesters” left behind?
    And the Governor and the Mayor can't say a ****in' word about it, because the troopers have been deputized as U.S. Marshals! Well Done, Mr. President!
    Thanks to Trump the police can do there job now without disruption of mayors/ governors

6. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,780
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    I think that video is a little closer to what most people are like.
    The hype and hate is all media driven with extremes. I still believe in the good of people, and I believe most of us don't give a rats *** what color your skin is unless its really getting sunburnt and we should tell you. Maybe growing up in So Cal (and proper upbringing) created my opinion but we didn't have political correctness and we didn't have all this division either. (we also all made fun of each other equally in every way possible and all had each others backs when it was time to throw down)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Dry Fly Rie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,541
    I mean, I can appreciate the bigger guy who stepped in and subdued the guy who fought with the officer, but I don’t think there was really anything to praise for the other two guys that kept coming back and taking cheap shots on the guy once he was immobilized and defenseless on the ground.

Their actions of jumping in and punching the guy in the kidney and kicking him in the stomach when he was already incapacitated on the ground sure seemed like textbook examples of the excessive force that a lot of people are complaining about when officers arrest somebody.

I would definitely agree with Neuroshima that the LEO needs some additional training in handling a potential suspect in a tough, one on one situation.

I thought one of the best parts was at the end when the second officer showed up and he started to get aggressive towards the Good Samaritan guy (I’m going to assume officer #2 didn’t know everything that was going on and simply saw two guys wrapped up together on the ground and was attempting to control the situation) and then the original officer barked at his partner to back off and that the big guy was on their side helping out.

I thought that showed that the first officer still had his wits about him after a scary and dangerous situation (that he admittedly didn’t handle great initially) and wasn’t just letting adrenaline and machismo take over to try and regain his dominance after being embarrassed/man handled.

8. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,769
    I'm actually really surprised that he attempted to make an arrest at all. The rules of the game have changed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,769
    No idea what city/county/state this was in, but it wouldnt happen in this city. Everyone gets a cover unit here. And if anyone needs to be arrested, there wont be just one, there will be several.

10. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,769
    Because in your day (my day too), we were taught to be respectful of everyone. Respect went out the window long ago

#10 Creek, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List