Monster Lobster caught at Zuniga Jetty

Discussion in 'Lobster Fishing' started by ferd, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ferd

ferd Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I was coming in from SD BAY lobster fishing with my daughter on 12/23/12 at 10pm....when a boat arrived at the Shelter Island boat club dock. I asked the 3 guys if they had any luck and they showed me 19 large to average size lobsters stuffed in a milk crate. When I mentioned how big som of the lobsters looked...the "captain" of the boat said..."if you think those are big....take a look at this one!!!"
    He pulled out a 5 gallon bucket with a lobster sticking out the top and taking up almost all the space inside..... The carapace alone was about 12 inches long and 16 inches wide. Sorry no pics...but I asked the crew to post pictures on SDFISH, as they were going home to take pictures then they said they were going to re-release it back into the ocean.

2. ferd

ferd Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Before anyone tells me that a standard 5 gallon bucket is NOT 16 inches wide....please remember I was estimating the width of the curve.